Forbidden Love

Continuation of previous chapter

They stopped kissing but were still close and he put his forehead on her looking at her full of love, while she was feeling the same and couldn't care less about her mouth finally. The screams in the living forest were still heard ad they snapped back to their senses laughing quietly. He sat on the ground and pulled her to him making her sit on his lap, she put her head on his chest resting. She could hear his heartbeat and it was calming her. He put his hands around her and again felt at ease, she was the only thing on his mind. In Mileena's heart there was finally something important, yes she was created as a weapon and was literally made in the lab, but she slowly developed feelings. She wondered if anyone ever thought about that, even her own father. Was she only seen as a veapon even by the one closes to her? That remained unknown to her and it wasn't important anymore. Scorpion looked at her and understood her, he was after all resurrected as a weapon too for Quan Chi. Supposedly he didn't have free will but that didn't stop him from falling in love with Mileena. The bond between them was unbreakable but dangerous.
He slowly kissed her again making her feel shivers again and they both got up. She started making her way towards the palace while he returned to Netherrealm. She slept so peacefully that night, she hasn't had any sleep lately. Everything was chaotic and Shao Kahn was preparing for invasion. At least the good thing that Quan Chi was for now on his side. Of course she didn't trust that fool but her father's alliance with him allowed her to see Scorpion often so she wasn't about to complain. During Shao Kahn and Quan Chi's meetings as well as other fighters his and her eyes were looking for each other. They were always exchanging looks and sometimes they would get a chance to be alone in some corner of the palace. Somehow it was all unnoticed...
Shao Kahn made sure that Mileena's room was perfect. It was comfortable and plesent looking. Scorpion hasn't seen that in a long time, it felt normal and he was glad that he was with her. They could at least for a while be alone and for even a short time enjoy together no matter what was going outside of the bedroom. It was their private place where they wouldn't need to hide and the fact that room was giving an impression of a home to him helped a lot. At night he would sometimes leave Netherrealm without Quan Chi noticing and sneak into her bed. They would kiss and cuddle up her comfortable bed and sleep like that until he had to leave before dawn. It was the saddest part of the night and it often left her in tears. Giving the difficulties they were still happy to at least be able to see each other one way on another, but wished they had met under different circumstances.