Chapter 4 ~ The Napkin

We finished our meal after my cousin had that small talk with me.

When we were ready to pay, the waitress who served us in the beginning came over to us.

She gave us the bill, and Ayelet took out her credit card. However, she also took out a pen, and wrote something on a clean napkin that I didn't catch, along with writing her signature and the tip on the bill.

Folding the napkin up, she drew a smiley face on the top, then put it on the bill along with the credit card.

"What was that...?" I teased.

"Nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

"Mm...fine, I'll tell you once we leave."

"Okay." I stopped pressing her on the topic. For now.

The waitress came back a few moments later and took everything but the bill: Ayelet's credit card, and the napkin.

She opened the napkin right then and there and looked at my cousin with a smile as she read it.

When she left to go register the payment, I immediately turned back to Ayelet, even though I said that I'd stop pressing her on the topic.

"What was that about?"

"I told you I'd tell you once we leave!"

"And I'm making sure that you keep that promise."

"Yeah, yeah."

We then left shortly after, and I immediately asked her about it again once we did.

"Okay, now tell me." I grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Woah, okay, okay! But...could we go somewhere else for this?"

"Stop prolonging this, please..." I whined.

"Please?" She seemed desperate, like a puppy asking for food.

"...Fine."

"Alright, come on, then." Ayelet took me by the hand and started dragging me somewhere.

"Woah, woah, woah, where are we even going!?"

"Somewhere that I think you'll have a good memory of too."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

~ 279 Words ~