Chapter 4

y/n pov
I've been in the same room for a long time waiting for Scaramouche to return. On one mission he did bring me back what he called a sketchbook and i started teaching myself how to sketch so that does give me something to do at least.
I spent a few hours sketching landscapes from outside the window but i suddenly heard a noise from the door as if someone were trying to open it. Was it scaramouche? he has a key why is he struggling to open the door? "hello?" i say as i heard the noise stop, only for the door to come crashing down. i then saw a man with blue hair and a mask standing before me, he was also scary but somehow a very different kind a presence from Scaramouche. "And who must you be?" he says with an eerie tone. "y/n.." i say. "Hm, are you perhaps Scaramouche's girlfriend?" he said as he laughed to himself. But i only looked at him in confusion "girlfriend..?" i say. "Where are you from?" he asks me. Where am i from? i can't remember much from when i first woke up a while back but then i remember Scaramouche saying something about finding me in khaenri'ah?
"I'm from khaenri'ah.. i believe." i said. But the tall man only laughed "khaenri'ah? Everyone from khaenri'ah has already been disposed of my dear." he said causing a chill down my spine though after he said that i saw him looking at my cheek, the spot below my eye. "what is this?" he says lifting up my chin and grabbing my face. he then brushed the hair that was in front of my left eye away. And for some reason he seemed he had a lost of words but only to be replaced with a chilling smirk. "You really are from khaenri'ah aren't you?".
Scaramouche pov
I've been searching mondstadt for a few days now but one thing i can't get off my mind is y/n i usually don't worry about it so much but i just have an off feeling. But during the days i've made a discovery. I've found the Anemo archon, a normal bard living out his new mortal life beyond the civilians of mondstadt, how interesting. But i feel like i have no choice but to go back i need to at least check on her, just to relieve my paranoia for the time being. I sent a letter to La Signora by the name the Anemo Archon goes by and where to find him. Surely she should be able to get the gnosis herself. I then head back to Snezhnaya.
A day later
I finally arrive back in Snezhnaya and am at the foot of the Zapolyarny Palace when i notice Dottore standing at the door step. "Unable to get the gnosis" he says in a mocking tone. "It isn't that i just..forgot something." i say. "Oh, you mean the khaenri'ah girl? Don't worry she's in great hands." I stood there as i felt more colder than before. "what." i say. "Did you think i wouldn't notice? it's quite the honor to experiment on something that should not be still existing, just imagine all the potential."
"shut up. You're just gonna do the same thing to her that you did to me." i say.
"And so what? You turned out just fine, besides if i accidentally kill her i'll always kind a way to put her back together." he says
In a fit of anger i attack him only for him to grab my hand. "You're such a fool Scaramouche."
We continue to fight even though i know i'll lose. I just need something i take my anger out on.
I don't want him to hurt her, i won't let him hurt her.
After hours of fighting i'm on the ground as he is still standing.
Y/n pov
i'm in the same room again but i'm tied up and see a tray next to me with sharp objects on it like he plans to do some sort of operation. After awhile i was able to get the knot that kept my hands tied together undone. I went to go hold my clock cause it helps calm me in a way it makes me feel safe. I started hearing a bunch of commotion out the window and went to look it was Scaramouche...and the man that tied me up. But Scaramouche looks badly injured He then fell to the ground as it looked like the other man was gonna end him. I felt my chest ache. What is this feeling? i don't want this. i don't want scaramouche to die. i need to help him. Suddenly they stopped moving, in fact everything stopped moving. The snow stopped in place, the sound of the wind stopped, everything. that's when i looked down to notice the clock arm stopped too. I took this to my advantage and jumped down the same window i did to run away from Scaramouche last time. How ironic this time it's to save him. Why am i doing this? why am i helping him? i thought i didn't want to be here i could run away right now but i'm not. And that's when i finally remembered something, something from khaenri'ah.. I remember getting yelled at, my father getting angry it's me cause i wasn't 'happy', cause i didn't show enough emotion, because i didn't care about anyone. But now i think i do. I noticed the blade in the man's hand and stabbed him but when i tried to grab scaramouche to bring him somewhere else i noticed the snow started moving again. I turned around to see blood dripping from The man's mouth as well as where i stabbed him. I noticed the shocked look on Scaramouche's face as i tried to keep him standing. The man only pulled out the blade as is wounds starting healing? "Extraordinary, the power to stop time is it?" he said. "i'll give you a deal, i will let you continue to stay with Scaramouche, but you shall let me experiment on you when i want." he says. "bullshit, you're just gonna take advantage of her, and turn her into you're own puppet." Scaramouche said. he almost sounded kind of..worried. "it's fine, i'll let you experiment on me, as long as i can stay here." i say. Really though i don't have a problem with it i think i really enjoy being with him i feel like i finally found a home.