04

After he and Namjoon drove Jimin home after a long talk of catching up, they went home to sleep. Namjoon let him stay in the guest room, and even lend him some toiletries and extra clothes.

They didn't talk about what happened with Jimin, so it got kind of awkward. But aside from that, Hoseok was thankful he ended up in the care of someone like Namjoon. If he didn't, then he probably wouldn't have the slimmest chance to go back home.

When he laid down to sleep, he had a sudden realization: If he was from the other world, then how did he recognize, let alone talk to Jimin so casually?

He sat up abruptly. "How was that possible?" he mumbled to himself. Let's do a review.

Snake-Voiced Person is obviously the one behind it. Apparently, the world is a coin—two sides. Similar yet different, but still one and the same. Hoseok was from the other side, and Snake-Voice put him here on Namjoon's side.

Similar yet different...? Similar yet different.

"Similar...yet different!" Hoseok said, voice slightly escalating. He's found out something!

Since the world is a coin, and they're similar, the population would still be the same people. Same names, same faces and same age, but only slightly different.

He didn't know how he was right, he just felt it. Like he was remembering a memory from long ago.

He kicked off his blanket and raced down the hallway to Namjoon. He stood in front of the door, bouncing on his feet, excited that he's somehow participating in this problem.

He was about to knock when he noticed the door was ever so slightly cracked open, letting a soft light from inside spill through the doorway. He took a peek.

Namjoon's room was a bit messy from what he saw. From his angle, he only saw a bed and a desk. The bed had white sheets, and the blanket was partially on the floor. Namjoon was sitting on the desk, his head laid on his crossed arms as he snored.

He's asleep.

Hoseok pushed the door open, which he probably shouldn't have. He took a quick sweep around the room. He got a good impression of Namjoon—a bit messy and unkept, but trying.

He turned to Sleeping Namjoon. He was obviously researching something. His laptop was open, and multiple magazines and papers were scattered on his desk and the surrounding floor.

His heart got heavier in his chest. Namjoon was researching for him to get home, and he's wasting some sleep.

Hoseok felt bad.

Without giving a second thought, he collected the papers and magazines on the floor quietly. It mostly consisted of tourist magazines, and some others. He once saw a very...uh, out of place magazine, but he decided not to question. He was just an unexpected guest after all.

He put the stacked magazines and papers neatly beside the desk. He glanced at Namjoon, and suddenly a feeling of anxiety washed over him. His hands sweat, his heart beated faster, and his cheeks heated.

Why am I getting nervous? Stop that! he scolded himself. He took a deep breath as he gathered up some courage.

Here's the thing, he coud have easily just draped the blanket over Namjoon and left him to sleep; but he didn't. He couldn't bear the thought of Namjoon sleeping in an uncomfortable position because he was helping Hoseok.

He didn't even know much about Namjoon, but that wasn't a reason to not help.

"C'mon," he muttered. He took one of Namjoon's arm to put over his shoulder, and put an arm around his waist for support.