05

Namjoon knew it was bad news when he saw Hoseok.

Hoseok explained about his out of body experience, the visit to the other world, the strange incident at his doll room; and ended his story with a name—Ascarmateiv.

Namjoon hadn't even recovered from last night. Hoseok came to see him to find him fast asleep with a rough sketch of him smiling. Had Hoseok seen that sketch? He hoped not. He might be weirded out. That would be embarrassing.

The image of Hoseok laughing had...done something to him. Enchanted him; pulled him in too much. He doubted he would be able to get out of this whirlpool of emotions. He didn't understand, what was so special about Hoseok that made his heart warm? What was so special about him that made him giddy?

He mentally shook that thought away. Now's not the time to dwell on emotions, he has other problems to deal with.

In front of them sat the black box and book. Hoseok moved it from his doll room, and placed it in the living room. He was thankful for the act. If anything wierd started happening, he wouldn't be able to protect all his dolls.

Hoseok tore his gaze away from the box. He also explained that Namjoon's best friend, Yoongi, wrote the book with someone else.

Now that he thought about it, Yoongi had that knowing gaze; wisdom buried in the depths of his eyes that weighed him down. Yoongi didn't look sad, in fact, he smiled and made Namjoon laugh a lot; but sometimes he saw a flicker of melancholy. Namjoon knew Yoongi held a lot of knowledge within him, but the thought of him knowing about the two worlds? That seemed a bit too much.

Hoseok took a moment before he told who the author was. When he heard, Namjoon felt like someone told him that his life was all a lie.

"Seokjin?" Kim Seokjin that handsome not-so-little man. He was Namjoon's boss at work. A bit of a diva, but still his boss. He had conflicting feelings over him, but he never expected him to be a part of this, much less write a book with his best friend.

"You know him?" Hoseok asked. It may have just been Namjoon's imagination, but he was sure he heard a bit of jealousy in Hoseok's voice.

"Yeah. My boss."

"Right. I haven't checked the box yet."

He had an odd urge to hug him. He forced that feeling to go away. "Then let's check?" Hoseok nodded.

So they did.

He lifted the lid, and found cassette tapes. Many, many cassette tapes. He tilted his head in confusion, what was that for?

Curious, he picked one up. On top of it was a strip of masking tape labeled as: part 1; written in Yoongi's hand writing.

"Part one?" Hoseok wondered aloud. He took one out too, and labeled on top was part 6. "They're not arranged," he grumbled, as if that bothered him.

"These are in Yoongi's handwriting, so I guess he recorded these." He placed both cassette tapes back. "I think I have a cassette player laying around, but I don't think it'll still be working."

Hoseok nodded. "Then we have to look at the book."

Namjoon took a sharp breath. Never in his life would he think he would dread reading a book, but here he was. He picked it up, and marveled at how worn out it looked. The navy blue cover was dirty, and he suspected the faded brown letters were once gold.

Hoseok scooted closer to him, their knees touching. Namjoon distracted himself with the thought of this book. Bad book, made by his best friend and his boss.

He opened it.

Books would usually have a few pages before the story actually begins, but this one starts directly. No dancing around the bush whatsoever. There was no opening, or anything. Just a big number 1 at the top, and paragraphs and paragraphs of words.