Chapter 2

"Hello Miss Munden. It's me Lacey Clark I was calling you to let you know that I thought about your offer and I am willing to go on tour; although I cannot promise that I will not mess up along the way due to some rough patches in my past. Thank you for listening and when you get this please do call me back." She pressed the end button and took a deep breath.

"Dad I'm going on tour... I'm going to speak in front of people on a national tour." As the thought settled in panic wasn't far behind. "I'm going to speak in front of people. Dad I can hardly leave the house without panicking, how am I going to be able to be away from you the whole summer AND speak in front of large crowds."

"You can do this Sweetie, I believe in you and your Mother would too."

At that the panicking girl turned her head. Lacey's Mother had passed away two years ago due to a horrible car accident. "Dad, don't you know that didn't make anything easier."

There was a silence then he replied "Sorry I just thought it would help to know."

"I'm gonna go pack, the tour starts in a few days." She hugged her Father and went to her bedroom. As she pushed the door open she could see outside her window. Heat waves bounced off the concrete distorting the air above in waves. It calmed her mind for a second, knowing that she had a few days to prepare and gain what little courage she could. She decided to plug her phone into her speakers and blast the Secondhand Serenade station on Pandora. Their music is like a more modern version of the porridge in Goldilocks never too upbeat and never too slow; always just right for each moment.

She could already tell that the tour was going to be very hectic. She had no clue who the rest of the people were let alone if they would like her. Putting the thought aside Lacey grabbed her suitcases from the closet and laid them on her bed, starting to pack. When she was done the light outside had finally started to dim so she figured she'd better get ready for bed.

As the days passed by Lacey finished packing. Jallicynn had finally contacted her the night before informing her that the flight she needed to catch was at two in the afternoon today. The ticket is electronic so all she has to do is show up.

"Dad! Come on my flight leaves in 2 hours and we still have to get to the airport." She shouted, placing her final bag in the trunk of the car. Seconds later, her Father walked out of the door keys in hand, and they were off.

We arrived at the airport an hour later. "I'm going to miss you Dad. I'll try to call at least once a day to keep you updated." He reached his arms out signaling his daughter to hug him and she did just that. After his arms no longer gripped her petite body in a warming hug she grabbed her carry on and boarded the plane.