Chapter 1

TW: Swearing

This is what the apartment looks like: https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-the+rocks-139086619 

POV Y/N

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Who the fuck is knocking on my door? Don't they know my little brother is sleeping next to me?" I whisper to myself. As I get out of bed, I feel the cold Sydney winter air hit my body, I can also see that my little brother is starting to waking up.

"Y/N up, up." Says Michael while doing grabby hands.

"Okay, big man come on let's go see who is at the door." I say while picking him up and walk out to the living room, sit him on the couch and put the TV on. As I walk to the door, I am wondering who it could be. I was really hoping it wasn't my parents or ex-boyfriend. When I unlock and open the door, I wasn't expecting to see Zarah.

"Hey Y/N. Sorry for coming without giving you a heads up but I was wondering if I could um, stay here for a little bit?" Asked Zarah.

"Of course, you can, come in, come in. Michael is going to be so happy to see you." I say

"Thank you so fucken much." Says Zarah.

As we walk into my apartment, I tell Zarah to wait in the hall so we can surprise my little brother and she agrees.

"Hey Michael can you close your eyes, I have a surprise for you?" I ask and Michael nods his head in agreement. When he puts his hands on his eyes, I wave for Zarah to come and stand Infront of him, which she does. "Okay Michael you can open your eyes now." I said. As soon he opens his eyes. His face immediately brightens up as he runs and jumps into Zarah's open arms.

"Zarah, I missed you!" Yelled an excited Michael.

"I missed you too bud." Responded Zarah hugging him.

"Hey Zarah, I'm going to go get change and change Michael as well, do you remember where your room is?" She nods. "Ok you do and change out of your shorts and t-shirts then put on warmer clothes and put your old one into the washing basket." I speak.

"Ok and thanks again Y/N you're a lifesaver." Responded Zarah.

"Don't mention it. Meet me on the balcony when you are done, okay." I said. Zarah just nodded in response as I turned around and picked up Michael and went to his room to get him changed. When Michael was changed, I put him on the couch and turned the TV on as I made hot chocolate, then went to get changed myself. I then take the hot chocolate and walk on the balcony to see Zarah already there waiting for me.

"Hey." Zarah says turning around to face me.

"Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me why you left your home? If that's ok with you." I asked as I handed her a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thank, yeah, I can tell you. Umm my parents kicked me out. To be honest I'm suspired they didn't do it sooner." Responded Zarah.

"Well, you can live here with me and Michael." I spoke.

"Really, are you sure you have enough room?" Asked Zarah.

"Zarah, of course we have the room. You already have your own room here and we also the holiday house. Besides Michael will be happy to have his other Sister living with us" I answered.

"But we aren't even related by blood. Why are you guys so good to me?" Asked Zarah.

"Zarah how many times do I have to tell you, you may not be our sister by blood, but you are our sister by love. Now what do you say we go into the city to spend the day together, then go to the holiday house and have some fun as a family. What do you think?" I suggested.