Gone AWOL: Chapter 3{Over the Clouds}

The Escape Part 1

Danny slipped out of my bed. She grabbed the white duffel bag used to carry her hospital gowns . She began to think about what swas leaving behind. We went to train every Saturday. If they didn't comply, shock collars would motivate them Wake up at 6 am, Sprint for 3 hours then to the weight room. After more nutrimeal the kids would be separated and had personal testing . I usually had a mental test. They would strap cords to her head and place her into a virtual world. More Tests. Electricity would run through her body if she failed.

This place will not be missed, she thought .

She packed the very few belongings she had . Some 3 Hospital gowns .Paper.pencils. I was about to rush out the door when I turned around and looked back one more time.

This has been the only home I have ever known. Am I really going to leave? She pondered. Her mind flickered back to Jewel and then Lilia. Tears formed. She was taken away 6 years ago. She would be now.

---------------Danny's POV----------------
I turned around and left. On the way to the cafeteria I picked up Jewel, Dylan and Krystal.

Dylan put Jewel on her back and I put krystal's on mine.

😆😯😯😯😯😯😯

For them. I ran towards the kitchen.

I was the only one there. I went towards the fridge and grabbed a lot canned food. Tomatoes paste and sauce,beans, greens,fruits. The Scientists had a much broader selection of food. I opened the pantry. I grabbed some pasta and rice, and water bottles.

I had never tasted anything other then nutri-meal.

They taught us to recognize Fruits ,Vegetable , some Animals, shapes, letters numbers and colors.

Basic stuff.They didn't want us to get too smart.

Then I heard a ton of foot steps coming. I hid behind barrels of food.

"Danny? Is that you."

I let out some air and calmed down." Yeah, You scared me. Don't do that." Everyone was here.

" Grab all the supplies you can carry! Hurry."

We were in and out in 20 minutes. We left the kitchen and turned left toward the corridor. We took the Elevator all the way to ground level. We held our breathe while the doors opened. Buff peeked out his head out of elevator.

" no one. Weird..." He motioned us for us to follow him.

We were almost at the front door. He paused.

" Well, look at that. You seemed to have escaped. My pets" We all turned around to see the little red headed man.

" Dam it." Buff took at a small hand gun from his sack , and aimed.

" Wait. You can't.." I tried to reason with him but he pulled the trigger.

Mr. Patel went head first into the ground and began to snore. " Tranquilizer." Buff said with a menacing smile. I socked him on the arm.

Then Some guards came running down the corridor." Now what?" asked Jewel.

Bubba eyed a window across the hall.

"Nope. Not Happening. Don't even thi-" Before koda could turn around Bubba bursted through the window and dropped into the forest below.

When we reached the ground I turned to Koda. " you have the Highest pitched scream I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! THANK YOU FOR BREAKINIG MY EARDRUMS!"

" No time guys. They will start searching soon." We climbed on Buff's back . There wasn't enough space for all of us. We were all hanging off slightly.

He started running through the forest.

" Were are we going?" Questioned Krystal.

"To a city several miles from here." I explained.

I turned around look at the lab. I was thinking to myself when I saw several dots in the sky.

Jets. They were all over the place. There looking for us.

" Jeez." Koda said " There coming. You have to go faster."

Buff went faster." I can't hold on for much longer Danny!" Jewel yelled. She was barely holding on. " We can't slow down now! Hold on a little bit longer!! " Jewel began to sob.

Then she fell. She tumbled onto the ground and dust raised. " Jewel! I don't remember what happened after that. I just changed. Wings?