Gone Awol : Chapter 4 {Rise of the Eagle}

I Flew over to Jewel and grabbed her. Than she caught up with Bubba. He turned to me and his face changed from scared to awe for a second.

"Wings?!?" He said.

I'm bigger and have long brown arms where my hands and arms should be.

"I guess..." Dannelia yelled over the helicopters and gun fire."

"Cute" Here!Krystal and Dylan jump on my back. We'll move faster.

Dylannia and Krystal leaped from Buff's back to Dannelia's. She grunted as there weight pressured her towards the ground. We have to get away from them. We cannot let them recapture us. There is no telling what they would do to us. The trees began to get thicker ,so thick that soon the leaves covered the sky and our pursuers. The group changed directions to try an put them off our trail. Soon the sounds of Helicopters were distant. We
slowed down to a speed walk .

"Which way is civilization?" Krystal asked.

"I'm not sure. When they lose us completely we'll address that." I answered.

Krystal was smart for her age. She probably knew more then all of us combined. And if she didn't know something she'll ask questions. Lots of questions.
Before I realized she was gone I felt someone poking at me. Krystal was staring at my wings. She also likes to analyze things she doesn't understand. She'll poke and stare for an uncomfortably long amount of time but she'd never hurt anyone.
We came to a stop.

" Dylan can we rest for a few moments. We're all tired." I looked around at all of them. " only for a little while." I replied.

We all sat down on the ground and began to pass a water bottle around.

" So your a bird now? I wonder if you lay eggs?" Koda smirked." So Buff for the love of science can you go over to her an-"

Buff gave him a look that made koda wish he hadn't started that sentence.

" Dan, can you fly over the trees and see which direction civilization is ? " Bubba Asked.

"I'll try." I said.

I flew over the trees and into the sky. My first sunset. Wow. This was the end of a dark time in our lives and the beginning of another one.