Running from Shadows

A/N: This was edited on the 7/19/15

Nicks POV

"S-Something attacked me..." She whisper and I notice her voice suddenly becoming weak and scared. My eyes still scanning the room for danger and I reach for an arrow and put it against my bow ready to aim, I slowly follow the blood trails and realises what had attacked her "Fuck!" I yell as I shot the thing straight through the head "Nick, w-what was it?" Abbie asks, suddenly behind me, still gripping her knife extremely tight. "Nothing Abster, it's nothing. Just a...a wolf" I lie. She nods and walks off to go have a shower and get cleaned up.'What the fuck is a Shadow Fox doing in Fallen Hill' I think for a while 'Wait...shit! I knew they were close...we need to...' "Leave right now" I say the final three words out loud as I hear Abbie step out of the shower. I run to her room and pull out her combat box, I lay out her clothes and boots on her bed then goes in search for her Katana and knives.

Abbie's POV

I notice my midnight black combat clothes and boots laid out on the bed. 'This is not good' I say to myself "Nick! Why are my Combat clothes out?!" I yell to him "Get changed and get ready to leave. We are leaving in 5 minutes!" He yells at me from my weapon room. I quickly get dressed, pulling on my boots then slips on my knife belt as he throws my best throwing knives onto my bed. "Nick what is this about?" "T...That was a shadow Fox. Their close." I slip the last of my knives into my belt then pulls my katana over my shoulder as I shove my clothes and the rest of my knives in a black duffle bag from under my bed. "I'm ready"

Nick's POV

"I'm ready" I hear her say then she's beside me running to my house to grab what I need. "Ok Nick, where are we headed?" She asks as she pulls her hair into a pony tail on the top of her head. "South, towards Rocky Creek, there should be a town there" She nods and walks around looking for torches and food. Once we had the things I needed we both ran.

Shadow's POV

My men and I arrive at the town of Fallen Hill "So this is where you are you little scums" The tallest and the shortest male run into a house and come out with a Fox, which had slashes in its sides and an arrow through its head "Find them!" The leader boomed and the males scattered, searching every room of every house that was still standing.

Abbie's POV

I slowed when I reached the tree we were at earlier, Nick stopped and whispered to me "I promise we will come back..." He took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze and didn't let it go. He started walking, I followed after him, my duffel back heavy but I didn't care. As long as we were together, nothing mattered more. "Find them!" A voice reached my ears and I started to sprint, Nick being dragged for a second but quickly catching up and we ran, we ran faster and faster until we reached a small creek around 10 Kilometers from Fallen Hill.

Nicks POV

Both panting and out of breath, we fell onto the soft grass by the river bank "Abbie, we'll be ok...I won't let them hurt you. I promise" I told her as she curled up and hid against my side "We'll make it to Rocky Creek, then after that we will go into Sheppey" she nodded and started to drift into a sleep, I picked her up, her duffel bag still on her back with her Katana and slowly started to walk. After about seven or eight hours Abbie started to wake, she groaned at first then she cracked open her eyes. Her eyes shone a bright metallic sliver against the sun and she stayed in my grip until I put her down and gave her a hand full of strawberries "Good morning sleepy" I mumbled as I bit her nose.

Abbie's POV

We found a small shed which was empty and cleanish so we decided to stay in there. "Nick get some rest" I told him as he sat down and pulled out his arrows counting them. "Now nick" I grabbed his arrows and put them away, pushing him down forcing him to lay down, after a while he drifted of to sleep. I sat there, my guard on full. Nick woke from a long rest and we started to walk again. We walked for about five minutes then I grabbed his hand and looked up at him, the sun set making his green eyes shimmer softly in the light as he looked down at me. 'God I love those eyes...I could stare into then all day' I said to myself 'No! Don't get distracted! You're mean to be looking out for Shadows not...drooling over your best friend!' I mentally slap myself and squeeze Nicks hand tighter, my combat gear comfortable and easy to move around in. I scaled a tree looking out for nearby towns when I heard a muffled yelp from Nick.