Heather Mumskall OneShot

Heather oneshot!

Song lyrics are in italic and bold, thoughts are only italic

Ships: Mumskall, platonic Grumbo (mE? DoInG gRuMbO?!?!?)

This one's kinda angsty so beware lol

TWS: suicide, jealousy, cursing, self hate

Word count: 911 i think I'm cursed-

《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》¤《¤》

-Grian POV-

I still remember, the third of December

It was the third of December, and Grian was chatting with Mumbo at the park. A gust of icy wind hit them and Grian started shivering.

"You good G?" Mumbo asked.

"Y-y-yeah," Grian replied.

"Are you sure? You can use my sweater if your want," Mumbo said, and Grian blushed at the thought of wearing his crush's sweater.

"I'm f-fine," Grian said as he let out a sneeze.

"No, no you're not. Put this on," Mumbo said as he handed Grian the sweater.

Me in your sweater, you said it looked better on me than it did you

Grian reluctantly put on the sweater, slightly blushing as he did so.

"Do you feel warmer now?"

"Y-yeah," Grian responded.

"Good! It looks pretty good on you, by the way," Mumbo said, "You can keep it if you want."

"Okay! Thanks Mumbo!"

Only if you knew how much I liked you

God I love him. If only he loved me back...

But I watch your eyes as she walks by

As if on cue, Iskall walked past the bench we were on, and Mumbo's eyes sparkled at the sight of his boyfriend.

What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky. She's got you mesmerized

Iskall was practically perfect. Beautiful hair, handsome eyes, awesome fashion sense, ect. Grian wished he could be like Iskall. Maybe Mumbo would like him if he was.

While I die

But Grian wasn't, and he never would be. He would always be the stupid guy that falls in love with his best friend.

Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty

- time skip -

Grian had just confessed to Mumbo. Even though he knew he would get rejected.

I'm so stupid. Why would I even think that he might be in love with me? I'm ugly as fuck and he has a boyfriend. Why am I like this?

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester, but you like her better

Mumbo literally gave Iskall his sweater. Yeah, it was only polyester, but he still gave Iskall his fucking sweater.

I wish I were heather

"I wish I were Iskall," Grian muttered to himself.

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand

-Time Skip-

Xsuima was hosting a Christmas party, so Grian went. He was chatting with Scar when something caught his eye. Mumbo and Iskall walked in the living room, holding hands.

They kissed, and Grian felt like his heart was being scattered into pieces, like humpty dumpty.

Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder

The couple sat down on the couch, and Mumbo put his arm around Iskall's shoulder.

"Earth to Grian! Hellooooo????" Scar said, obviously trying to get his attention.

"Huh? Oh, sorry Scar, I was spacing out," Grian responded.

"I could tell," Scar said, "Anyways, as I was saying..."

But how could I hate her? She's such an angel. But then again kinda wish she were dead

Grian's attention unwillingly drifted back to Mumbo and Iskall, who were now kissing again.

He's such an angel... I can see why Mumbo loves him. Is it bad that I wish Iskall were dead?

As she walks by, what a sight for sore eyes

Mumbo left Iskall on the couch to get something, and Grian couldn't help but stare at him as he walked past.

God he's so ho- GRIAN! NO!!

"Uh, Grian? Why are you staring at Mumbo?" Scar questioned.

Grian could feel his face heating up. "I, uh, I k-kinda like him? Lik-ke a lot-"

"Ah. I see."

Brighter than the blue sky, she's got you mesmerized

Mumbo returned a piece of cake, and he brought it over to Iskall and sat down next to him. They joked and laughed, and Grian wished he hadn't come to the party.

While I die

Why do I like him? He's my friend, and he has a boyfriend! I'm so dumb... I deserve to die.

Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty

There was no way Mumbo would ever like Grian. He wasn't at all like Iskall- he had blonde hair, blue eyes, and looked like he came out of a dumpster. So basically, the opposite of Iskall.

You gave her your sweater. It's just polyester, but you like her better

Iskall was even wearing Mumbo's gray, polyester sweater. It was like he was trying to rub it in Grian's face.

I can't take this anymore...

"Welp, I think I'm gonna go, Scar. I'm really tired and I have some work to do tomorrow," Grian said.

"Okay! See ya later!"

"Yup!"

Grian got in his car and started crying. How did I fuck my life up so badly?

I wish I were Heather

God, why can't I be Iskall? What did I do to deserve this?

Grian eventually got home, crying the entire way.

He locked himself in his bedroom and played his favorite song. Once it got to the final chorus, he sang along.

"Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester but you like her better. I wish I were-"

But before Grian could finish the song, he stabbed his knife into his heart. The next morning, Scar busted into Grian's house to find the dead body of his best friend in the bedroom.

Welp. Death yay :D

I hope yall enjoyed it! It was fun to write this, but I probably won't do another song based oneshot lmao this was hard XD

AnYgAyS, I hope you have a great day/night or whatever time it is for you, and don't forget to drink water!

-Rain, who is currently behind on so much school work but is too lazy to do it