14 | Burden

14 - Roselyne

"Hey!"

"Oh God- Rosie !"

"Rosie, I miss you so bad !"

I begged my husband many times to finally meet my friends at a cafe. It's been- I didn't remember, probably like forever. Since my marriage with Chan, I realized I had been through so many crazy things and meeting my friends could be a nice idea to release my stress.

Stress ? I could say that. After the incident at the party, Chan was so overprotective. He didn't let anyone meet me, just him and his team members.

My food was always cooked by Minho. Our room now moved to a secret room inside the castle. Sometimes Chan brought me to the bunker or another headquarters so no one knew my actual position everyday. Such a good trick. I admitted that he was way too smart.

"Rosie, uhm- so Chan will still be here ?" Elisa peeked at Chan who sat a bit far from us.

"Yes, I'm sorry. It's because of my pregnancy." I sighed, this was the condition I promised him if I wanted to meet your friends. He would let me have quality time with my friends but with him around me.

"Don't be sorry. It's so sweet of him ! Anyway, how many weeks pregnant are you?"

"It's twelve !"

I giggled when the girls caressed my baby bump. They looked so happy, even Chaerin kept calling herself aunty.

"How's college ?" I asked them. Since the explosion and death of the college's owner, I never came to college anymore. Every time they asked me about that, 'pregnancy' was always my excuse.

"Nothing changes, but it's just, I miss Sam." Chaerin sighed, she missed her crush.

"Sam ?"

"Sam Hwang, that handsome man from another class. After the explosion, he's gone. I asked one of his classmates but no one knows."

"Me too. You all know I have a crush on Lee Bok. He's also gone. His cute face and freckles are still on my mind so clearly."

"Ah, I feel you, Elisa."

You just bit your lips, pretending was not my talent. I met Hyunjin and Felix almost everyday.

I looked at Kim, the nerdy girl who was never interested in boys. I remembered what she said about SKZ being undercover. I wondered if she suspected Sam and Lee Bok as one of them.

"Kim, how are you ? Do you have any rumors about SKZ ?" I tried to be curious about the gossip.

"Wait, gonna scroll it on the group- ah-"

Kim's new phone slipped from her hand and was about to kiss the floor. They screamed, but I immediately caught her phone and gave it back to her. They all breathed in relief.

"Wow." Kim stared at me in awe. "Thank you so much, you have a good reflex !"

"Just lucky." I smiled, the training made me have it. In my pregnancy, I still asked him to do a simple one without making me tired. Chan agreed, so he let me sit on a big bed while he threw small cotton balls for me to catch. He really paid attention to my moves to make sure I didn't move too much or fell to the floor.

"Okay now, let's eat. We ignore our food for a long time."

I could say I was a bit jealous when they started to enjoy the food. Chan didn't let me eat anything from outside. As I said, he was overprotective.

"Mommy, want a bite ?"

Kim offered her grilled chicken with her finger. My eyes sparkled then nodded enthusiastically. My teeth were just reaching the chicken for a bit but a muscular hand threw away Kim's hand until the meat fell down.