Dream

I'm dreaming... I know I am....

For she have always been on my dream ever since I met her...

And there she was, standing beside me on a meadow filled with wild flowers, smiling genuinely as the sun rays hit her face and putting a gleam on it making her shine.

I watched her hair flow on a warm summer breeze and stay where I stand until her eyes linger on me.

"Don't you love this place? It's so anime-ish parang iyong mga napapanood ko." She laughed that laugh so dearly in my heart."This place gives me the feeling of freedom and at the same time...sorrow." She said tucking her hair on the side of her shoulder.

"Why is it so?" I asked.

"Because soon I will be free from this world and it gives me sorrow." A glint of sadness stained her genuine happiness.

"This world is sorrowful, wouldn't you be glad to be free?" I asked again raising an eyebrow on her.

She faced me, her eyes is haunted by fear, loneliness, confusion and adoration towards me. She was smiling, though, then she asked me.

"Then is it okay if I go?"

I don't know what she mean but suddenly my heart starts beating furiously as if I'm running....running chasing her... for I can feel that soon she will disappear.

I turn my glance away from her and look at the horizon. It's not okay, of course. I love this girl beside me and I'd be damned if she's gone. But I can't be so selfish, she's ill and I know it will only take time for Him to take her away from us....from me. And she is not mine to begin with... I can't be selfish towards her for I'm only his best friend.

But I can't help it. I need her to stay. I need her with me. I need her because I love her and I need to be selfish. Just this once...

I searched for her hand and hold it tightly for I fear that she'll go if I don't answer her.

"It's okay......." I said still looking at the sky. "But will you stay...for a while...? For me? Hanggang sa oras na kaya ko ng wala ka?"

I look at her...tears jerking on my eyes. Pleading to grant my selfish wish... She looks hurt seeing me cry and so she nodded and catch a tear who escaped from my eye.

--