Stone Cold Woe

A gift laid neatly on Wednesday's bed. A black ribbon held the lid down onto the gift box and the dark haired girl stood there solemnly pondering if this could be related to the case at hand. A mysterious gift popping up on her bed while she was at class wasn't at the top of her list but it was a possibility she had thought about. The contents of the box could range from anything to more photos of her and her friends or the darker thought of something dead residing in the box. After a few long moments she carefully picked the parcel up and rested it in her bag. It didn't take the short female long to find where Xavier was.

Xavier was situated in his studio, his hair back in a bun while a hand rested against his chin in thought a blank pad of paper sat in front of him the white pages tempted the different mediums placed on a paint covered shelf near him. The only thing that seemed to break his trance was the old creaky door opening to reveal wednesday. She was the only one who visited him besides Bianca on the odd occasion. "There was a gift on my bed. Did you leave it there?" She questioned as she set her bag down on a chair to retrieve the black box. "There's no tag stating who it's from". She added in the same grim tone. "Is it from them?" Xavier inquired. It only took two paces for him to reach where she was standing. Wednesday studied the box in front of her for a few more moments before reaching down to tug on the black ribbon. Pulling the black silk string off of the box she rested it next to the parcel before slowly pulling the lid off. It took a lot for Wednesday to show even the slightest bit of emotion but the severed stitched hand in front of her made the dark haired teen raise her eyebrows. "Thing". She commented. "Did my parents send you back to spy on me?". Thing responded with a few taps, two finger bruises and a finger shake. "Ah you came back on your own this time. Good we could use your help" She responded before reaching into the box to free her severed family member.

Wednesday helped Xavier clear off a cluttered table in his studio so they could start to compile anything relating to the case. So far the only thing was a few text messages and a couple of photos that had been taken last semester. "If we find anything new relating to this stalker of mine we'll meet back here to discuss the matters. If it is a student keeping any evidence in my room could be problematic. Text messages can also be deemed an unreliable means of discussing these matters so we should only talk about the case here. It would be very noticeable if someone followed us here". Wednesday explained her thought process to her two co-detectives earning a nod from thing and a glum look from the tortured artist. Even if she didn't understand others emotions anyone could tell Xavier was hurt from her actions over the summer, everyone except Wednesday herself. She didn't see texting as something important; a phone was only good to her in a life or death situation and asking Xavier how the weather was or how his day had gone just wasn't something that interested her.

Resting thing in her bag Wednesday took a mental note of how the studio looked before the door was shut and promptly locked. There was a mandatory meeting for all of the students to attend that afternoon. It was a full moon that night and the risk of a werewolf transforming was too great for it to be held later on that day so instead it took up their lunch time. The matters of the meeting seemed unimportant to some of the students. A new temporary principle was going to happen no matter what so why did they need to talk about it?. Wednesday took a seat with Enid on her right and Xavier on her left. She kept her eyes fixed forwards. It didn't take long for a proper looking woman to make her way out in front of the students. She must have been a part of the school board wanting to make sure this introduction went well. "Good afternoon students hopefully this won't take up too much of your time but as we know your last principle. Ms.Weems may her soul rest in peace. Died trying to protect one of our students last year. This year you will welcome Mr.Galpin as your temporary principal for the upcoming semester". There was a definite uproar among the student populous. This mans son had terrorized the students and not to mention work for Laurel Gates to try and kill the outcast population at its hot spot. The fear, anger and distrust was something to be expected; they all went through trauma after all. Wednesday was already taking down a list of mental notes in her head and how this could affect her case. Weems was lenient because she knew her mother but Mr.Galpin didn't like Wednesday even if they worked together a few times she was sure he was going to make this investigation a lot harder.

Just as quickly as the sun had risen the moon began to peak beyond the cloudy night sky and with that came wolfing out. Enid had scampered off with the other werewolves to transform. Wednesday was typing away at her typewriter wanting to make progress on her latest novel she only had under two years to become the youngest published author and even a stalker wouldn't stop her from getting an accomplishment like that. Without warning the teens door opened at the threshold. "That was quick Enid-" She began to say with her eyes briefly leaving the typewriter but she was confused to see Ajax in the doorway out of breath and disheveled. "Enid needs you". Was all he had to say for Wednesday to stand up. Enid was like her family now after all they had been through last year. As soon as Enid saw Wednesday she rushed towards the shorter woman and wrapped her arms around her. Resting her hand against Enid's back she gave it a soft pat. "Show me the body" The macabre teen responded.

The corpse was that of a female student. The sunglasses melted into her features showed that it was a vampire but what had happened to her. She looked shriveled and burnt at the same time. How was this connected to the stalking crossed Wednesday's mind more than once. Why go after a student instead of her? It didn't make any sense. It didn't take long for the word of a corpse to spread and Xavier was soon at the crime scene. "I tried messaging you and calling you, I thought the body was yours". He looked worried but relieved that the young goth was unhurt. "I was writing". She commented. Wednesday couldn't understand why he seemed so mad with her; she made it clear that technology wasn't something she was interested in yet he continued to try and contact her through those means. Hopefully one day he would understand her distaste with the internet.