Prologue: Doubts

Prologue: Doubts

                She was barely visible as she fled from the place where we had just met at. Could I be going crazy, or was she really running faster than the cars on the highway she ran beside? Perhaps it was the rain that made her features indistinct. Perchance it was the distance between me and her that made the details unclear. Might it be possible that there was something wrong with my eyes?

  Was she really as unsettled by my presence as she appeared to be? It almost seemed that she was pained by my company. Is it just me or were all of her actions- from her insane gracefulness, to her unusually acute hearing, to the scene I just witnessed- unhuman? All of my accusations and presumptions could be false. For all I know, I'm going insane.

  Or maybe, just maybe, she is, in fact, not human at all. But if she's not human, then what is she?

  I cannot even begin to guess, but I intend to find out. I will see her again. No matter how many times she denies that possibility. I will make sure I find her again someday. I have to know this girl who was just a blur.

Author's Note

 So, this is a new idea I had. The prologue actually came out in a different character's point of view and verb tense than the rest of the book is in. Every time I tried to fix it, I decided I liked it better like this. I just wanted to tell you that so you would not be confused later on. Thanks for reading my book. Feel free to comment.

The next chapter should be up sometime soon.

 ~ XOXO fantabulous97 ~