(3)

Walking through the open doors, Sa'Riyah is met with the loud sound of overlapped chatter

If she didn't know what Nevermore welcomed, she would've thought it to be an ordinary school with normal students.

Most kids were greeting friends while others stood off to the side, overlooking schedules or touring the school.

Heading towards the stairs, she's rammed into causing her bag to fall.

Before she could bend down to retrieve the items that fell, a pair of hands quickly reached out to grab them instead.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you. Are you hurt?"

"No-No, it's fine. I'm fine." Sa'Riyah quickly replied diving to grab her sketchbook that had fallen out of her bag and onto the floor revealing her latest sketch of Tyler.

Scooping up her book she is met with glasses and skittish brown eyes full of embarrassment and concern.

"Uh-here's your bag. I'm sorry, I should've slowed down, I- I don't know what-"

"It's okay. No need to apologize." she cut off the boy's prompt speaking. "No broken bones. We're good."

Grabbing her bag from the boy she finally took a good look at him. His brown hair was combed back neatly. Round glasses sat perched perfectly on his nose. His trousers were freshly pressed.

He was very. Stiff.

As if coming out of a trance he blurts "Rowan!" Realizing she has no idea what he's talking about, he quickly follows up.

"My name is Rowan Laslow"

Sa'Riyah looked down at his outstretched hand before clasping her own into it.

Almost immediately her vision clouds over.

"You find anyone with hair as white as snow and eyes that burn hotter than the sun, you kill them and bring me their head!"

An army of men bows to their king before raiding the village.