Chapter 6

I felt all the blood drain from my face. I'm sure I looked like I was about to pass out judging from the concerned look of the bartender. I plastered on the best fake smile I could muster and turned around to face him.

"Oh, wow! Elliot, I had no idea you would be here," I lied, trying to look everywhere else like his face.

"The whole team is here. Team bonding or some shit," he muttered.

"That's so cool."

"I'm surprised that Tanner didn't mention that when you guys were fucking on the dance floor."

My head snapped to meet his gaze, flashes of jealousy danced across his face. My jaw dropped in disbelief as I took in his words. The audacity of this man to try and make me feel bad for dancing with one man.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you have some nerve to think that just because we kissed-"

"Twice. We kissed twice," he interrupted with a smirk on his dumb face.

"Fine, just because we kissed twice, does not mean you get to act like a jealous caveman when I'm clearly trying to get laid," I blurted. I did not mean to add that part, but I blame it on the alcohol.

"So, you came here by yourself to get laid?" he questioned with raised eyebrows.

"I'm not alone. Gianna is here with me somewhere. She's also trying to get dicked down by one of your teammates."

"I don't see Gianna here," he pointed out. I scanned the bar trying to prove him wrong, but I came up short. I glanced down at my phone and saw a row of texts from Gi saying that she went home with that one dude. She also said that she took the car keys with her so I would have no choice but to go home with Tanner.

"Fuck," I cursed out loud.

"What?"

I was about to just go tell him to fuck off because I didn't have time to deal with his bullshit and stressed about finding a ride home or a place to stay, but Tanner decided it was time to pop in.

"Hey Elliot, have you met Nora yet?" Tanner asked as a segue to introduce us.

"Actually, Eleanore here is my baby momma," he announced like a proud father, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Wait, you're the chick who came into the rink. I knew you looked familiar," Tanner exclaimed. "Sorry man, I didn't realize she was your girl."

"Don't apologize because I'm not his girl. We barely even know each other," I tried to explain, but I could tell that it was too late. The damage had already been done.

"I think our tongues know each other very well," Elliot chimed in, ignoring the daggers I was sending him.

"Sorry Nora. You seem very nice, but I gotta respect the brocode." And just like that he walked away. Operation Get Nora Laid has failed.

"Gotta love the brocode," Elliot smirked.

"You fucking dickhead!" I yelled, punching his shoulder. "Gianna left me here to get her dick and took her keys with her. You're fucking brocode just left me stranded."

"So Gianna just left you here?" he accused, clearly not understanding the situation at hand.

"It's not like that. Gianna was just making sure I got laid."

"So, she was trying to pimp you out?"

"You're not getting this, are you?" I questioned.

"I am absolutely not getting this," he replied. I glanced up and met his eyes and finally realized that he was just joking with me.