The Bad Batch: Flash Forward pt 2

Aguilla walked back toward the party and Hunter followed.
As they entered a large room full of people dancing, talking, and drinking, an unexpected sight caught their eyes.
A large group of aliens, all tall and strong, with blue skin and no hair, were walking around suspiciously.
"Hey..." Aguilla whispered to Hunter and motioned their way.
"Are they with Janik?" Hunter asked quietly.
"No." Aguilla answered. "I didn't think so."
Hunter grabbed Aguilla by the arm and pulled her through the crowd.
Aguilla shook off his hand but followed closely.
"We need to get to Giorin before something goes down here." Hunter said while scanning the room like he had been doing the whole time.
"You need to stop doing that." Aguilla said, worried. Hunter gave her a strange look.
"You like like a mastiff looking for escaped prisoners."
"I'm surprised you're not more worried." Hunter grumbled.
"I am worried but we don't want anyone to know that. Just try to look like a rich snob, for our sakes."
Hunter rolled his eyes but agreed.
"Let's find Metla." Aguilla determined. "More than likely she'll try to 'bump into' higher bidders. We need to be those highest bidders. Just try and get these people familiar with you."
"How do I do that?" Hunter asked.
"You just grab people by the shoulder and tell them who you are, tell them how great they are, and then walk away."
"Well, no one cares about a body guard- so who am I?" Hunter asked.
"A rich snob."
"I'll try." Hunter said and patted his chest. "Let's split up."
"Good luck." Aguilla said.
"You too." Hunter answered and walked off.
Aguilla walked into the crowd, trying to look as though she belonged. She felt like a wolf walking into an ant colony.
Most people there came from Coruscant or other CorePlanets, and not too many of them were fond of aliens. Her red skin stuck out like like it should; alien.
After a few minutes of fighting her way through the crowd, she noticed a woman with long dark hair. "Metla..." she whispered to herself.
Aguilla walked over and politely touched the woman's shoulder.
"Excuse me, but I'm looking for Metla Giorin. I've heard so many amazing things and I'm just assuming, hopefully rightly, a woman of your stature would know her." Aguilla said in a formal manner. "Do you know where I can find her?"
The woman looked at Aguilla like she was a child. "You're who?"
"I'm Yani Mekova." Aguilla said smiling. If there was one thing she could lie about it was smiling.
"Do you know who I am?" the woman asked.
"No, I'm sorry but I don't."
"I'm Metla Giorin, daughter of the most powerful human politician in the galaxy-" she sighed, "Second ONLY to the Emperor."
"Oh my goodness! I had no idea!" Aguilla gushed. "I think my father knows you..."
"Good." Metla said smugly.
'I already don't like her.' Aguilla thought.
"Excuse me." another woman interrupted.
"May I help you?" Metla asked.
"I'm so sorry to interrupt but I heard you were looking for me. I'm Sula Reing. I'm the manager of this party rental."
"Oh, you must be the one that stole Janik from me."
"What?" Aguilla almost shouted.
"Janik... You know... the handsome young man from Naboo, owns the big fancy yellow ship and made the biggest deal of his attendance to this party, whose family is rich beyond belief..." she paused, squinted up, "Anyway these morons assigned us seperate mingle rooms."
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Did you request to be in the same room?"
"Ugh, did I have to?"
"Yes."
"Oh- well I'll let it slide this time but if it happens again I'll see to it that you're working in the slums of Coruscant."
"I'm sure." The manager said and walked away.
"You and Janik- you're together?"
"He wishes. I won't let him have me. You know him?"
"Oh, yes, Janik. He's a good friend of mine." "Good friend?" Her eyes widened and her lips pursed. "Like- girlfriend?"
'Oh karabast-'
"Oh no, not at all.." Aguilla said. "He's my friend, but I don't think our friendship is in the same category as yours."
"I see." Metla stuck her head up. "And rightfully so. No one is closer to Janik than me." She turned and faced the mingled crowed as if she thought she was some kind of goddess. "They don't call me the most powerful human on the planet for nothing."
"I can see that." Aguilla said dryly.
"So, what are you doing here and what do you want with me?" Metla asked.
"Well, you see, I'm an investor; specifically in new technologies. I am here for the auction but..." she paused and stepped forward, "but since you're here and I'm here, I have an interesting business proposition. Now, It's very important that only you hear these words. We wouldn't want any friends turning on us."
Giorin's full attention was on Aguilla's next few words. "Speak." She said leaning in.
"I have a certain something that may pique your interest enough to reconsider auctioning off your piece- and selling it to me."
Metla pulled back and huffed.
"Absolutely not!" She said loudly and startled Aguilla.
"Oh that's too bad Miss Giorin. I suppose I will have to enjoy it with Janik instead of selling it."
"With Janik? Enjoy what with Janik?"
There was the hook.
"Oh yes, you see I thought about selling it to you and enjoying the profits alone but since you're not interested I cannot possibly share what that is, dear." Aguilla smiled and giggled and walked away.
"Dear?" She heard Metla whisper as she walked off. Her hope was that Metla Giorin would be so curious she'd have to call off the auction; or at least postpone it.