Ch; 6

Story cover created by Amy_CP

-------------------------

It had to have been a while since he'd fallen, months at least..

Leaving the hut these days there was a certain chill in the air, the leaves of the surrounding trees were all in the process of changing colors, a small few were already fallen to the ground, and the demon was spending less and less time around. That's not even to say that his injuries were all but healed, his bound wings may be the only thing still wrong with him. It'd all been green bright and warm when he'd gone outside the first times, how long ago had it been? The dark angel really wished he had at least a way to tell time other than the sun - the sun which was becoming less reliable as the days shortened with the coming cold.

The demon was around less, and was less strict with Chase staying inside - perhaps he was too busy to care - now when the angel dare venture around the hut, he received only a curious glance and a huff if the demon was around, though he quickly discovered that the room furthest into the house was off limits; a very terrifying growl let him know that, and he'd not yet tried to go back there again.

The area close by was also up for exploration, until he'd nearly fallen into a pit, now if the demon was nearby he was restricted to the other half of the clearing that the house was built in. He'd caught the glimmer of scales slipping into that pit, though, and often seen the demon and his clothing thoroughly caked in mud, so he couldn't help but be curious as to what was down there.

Speaking of clothing the demon had begun wearing a cloak-tunic of sorts to combat the chill in the air, with paneled layers of fabric that opened enough to slip his wings through, he'd given a similar thing to the angel - though it was a bit difficult to put on with his wings as they were - as well as pants; pants which Chase was extremely grateful for because walking around in his underwear was not something he wanted to get used to, ever, thanks.

The material was odd, reminding him of the non fur side of the pelts - so he supposed he knew what it was - lined with some sort of animals wool, and was roughly stitched together with a thread, or rather a twine he'd never seen before. He'd never seen the demon create such things, nor was any twine stuff found when he went snooping through all the chests and buckets in his room - he'd taken to thinking of it as his room, even though he was fairly certain that before his arrival it was literally just the storage room - so he wondered also where the demon had gotten the articles.

Yet another unsolved mystery was fire, he'd never seen the demon start one but had been allowed to sit beside it with him a few times as he either carved his wood or cooked something over the flames. The angel had heard it possible to start a fire with only sticks - but that couldn't possibly be true could it? He'd never tried, so he supposed he wouldn't know, it just seemed so impossible.

But having his life saved by a demon, and then being cared for by said demon was also a very impossible-sounding thing. So perhaps wood could make fire.

Not only was he healing down on the ground world, the angel was thriving; He'd gained weight and gotten plenty enough sleep for months, now, and it had an effect. He didn't feel so tired and vaguely sick everyday, like he had back home, he didn't have the hunger pangs settled in his stomach that he'd always known for.. as long as he could remember. Muscle had a good basis for growing now, and in his boredom he'd begun trying to do pushups and other various, simple exercises when he was alone. He couldn't do many, but that felt like something temporary.

What wasn't quite temporary was the icky feeling of being dirty now that he was moving around more and sweating, his hair had grown a few inches from its short cut and it was beginning to snarl and mat in places, something he spent many hours trying to undo with his fingers alone; not an easy task. Chase smelled mostly like plants before, always covered in the planty medicine goo, but recently the demon stopped making it and the angel could see why - what, with his gashes no more than scattered scabs and bright scars it was no longer needed.