1

"Mom, you can't leave us, I can't do this on my own! I can barely take care of myself"

I cried, my mother's ghostly smile making my gut sink.

"You have survived so much, the moon goddess keeping you alive for a reason, fight for those babes"

She whispered, my heart aching as her grip loosens.

As her monitors flat-lined I found myself unable to cry, my chest ached but i don't shed a tear.

With no one left here, and no one for us in our best town, I had her cremated.

Now im left to move into a small house, just a guy in a wheelchair and two newborns.

Using a car is difficult, with two car seats and being in a chair.
But it is only for the move, but winter would call for the struggle to happen.

The girls share a room that is across from my own, with enough things to hold myself up with my chair won't be needed in the middle of the night.

But soon school starts, and my mom wanted me to experience that.

But it's not easy, nothing is in life.

I didn't think wolves made up a large number of the town, but I can't just move again.

Mom loved werewolves, she loved all creatures.

She even managed to love my dad, even if he was a demon.

When I say demon I mean he was a demon, with horns, claws, fangs, tails, and even bat-like wings.

My mom was a feline shapeshift, and I had six other siblings, we were one litter.

But our father killed them, he killed my siblings that had power.
He spared me because I had no power, no animal, just human.

That's why we ran from him, when mom found out she was pregnant after fifteen years and watching him murder her babies.

Not again.

But now it's just us, a fifteen-year-old human in a wheelchair, my baby sister that I now am the father of, and my baby.

The girls were born on the same day, not truly twins but pass as twins.

Stella, the daughter I carried.
Luna was once my sister but is now my daughter.

Mom wanted her name to be Luna, her moon.
The opposite of me, her sun.

Glaring down at the invitation I groan, knowing I can't just deny the invitation.

The Alpha of the local pack invited us to his child's birthday party, his coming of age.

Seventeen, his formal training to take over now starts.

And he doesn't have a mate, that must be why they are making a bigger deal of this.

"I guess we have a party to go to in a few weeks"

I smiled down at the two little ones, their sleeping faces so sweet.

My moon and my star, my heart and soul.

On the first day of our second week, I start school, leaving the girls with a babysitter.

Thankfully one who knows of the supernatural.

As soon as I enter the school all eyes were on me, I quietly make my way to the office to collect my schedule.

I make my way through the sea of bodies before reaching my class, I shove open the door and head in hitting my elbow on the door frame.