5

My chest aches as I groan, tight skin and tenderness.
Little squeaks and growls wake me, and two lion cubs with squinted eyes kneed around my chest area.

I scoot back as I sit myself up, I palm my chest only to grunt at how sore I am.

"you two are trouble, im not feeding you like this, nope"

They shift back and sob, I look to the nightstand and sigh with relief to find diapers.
I quickly diaper them as they cry, I offer the still-warm bottles of formula but can't get them to eat.

"you realize if I do produce something right now, it won't be much"

But I look down my shirt and my eyes widen, no wonder my chest hurts!
My chest is swollen and reddening, and it feels like a flame is sitting on me.

"I don't know what to do, if I start now I would have to- noooo, I can't do that at school"

I hold my head in my hands, struggling to hold back tears.
I jump as the door swings open, I look up to find Kit holding a plate of food.

He quickly shuts the door and sets the plate down on the nightstand, he clings to my side hushing me.

"what's wrong Leo?"

I look at him, my eyes stinging as tears threaten to spill over.

"my chest, the girls- I can't let them nurse, if I do then that makes going to school even harder, and everyone knows what they are, I can't, I can't"

I grab fistfuls of my hair, heart pounding away in my chest.
Before long my shirt is being removed, and I go to protest but a cold compress is placed on my chest followed by a very tight tank top.

"cool compress and the pressure from the tank top should help, Dads are talking with the pack to calm them down, they will be back soon to talk with you more, how is your leg? Forgive me but, I didn't think you could use them" 

I silently rub my knees, two little cubs rolling about at my side.

"I can, but it's painful, my leg should feel better soon though, my dad broke my legs when I was twelve, they healed but from the severity of the breaks I have nerve damage, some days are better than others of course"

He nods before placing the plate of food in my hands, he takes the bottles and offers them to my cubs.

"you eat, I will try to get them to drink"

I nodded before digging in, and as I finish the two men enter.

I look up at them, Kit giggles as the girls shift back but still paw at the air.

"tell us what you know about Demons, please"

I give them a nod, keeping my eyes low as I speak.

"Crosses and Holy figures, and text, have no true effect on them, they have more than one form, and yes they would feast on the flesh of others, but not all, each has their own gifts, along with needs, and I know it's difficult to kill them, each Demon is unique, and they have ranks like a pack, though they tend to be solitary, my Dad is a powerful one, he killed my other siblings for having power, that's all I know, besides Demons having mates, but they are extremely rare so they tend to take a spouse or.... Pets"

They nod slowly, I look at my girls with a smile.

"I'm human, but I can say I've survived an attack from a Demon, now im raising my girls, both are only part Demon, and the other part is a lion shifter, im not sure why im human but I can't do anything about it"

Winter smiles softly as we look at my girls, but I break the silence.

"Where is Raven?"

They stay silent, and look at each other with worry.

Should we tell him we sent him on a run? He almost killed the wolf- but he also is pissed he didn't tell him?

I fix my shirt back on my body, my heart aching as I sniffle.

"I was going to tell him, I was gonna tell all of you, I just wasn't ready, im still not! But I have to face it, your pack knows"

"How did you know ?"

Kane questions, my eyes widening as I bite my lip.
I look up at them, my stomach doing flips.

"I- I've been catching bits and pieces of what people are thinking today, im not sure how, im sorry"

Kane gives a lopsided smile as Winter chuckles, I tilt my head as they look at each other.

"Our boy has quite the interesting mate"

Kane nodded before kissing his husband- Mate? On the nose.

"Lucky him, just as lucky as I am"

Kit is sent out by Kane, Winter sitting next to me as I hold my girls.

His arms circle me as im tugged into a hug, Kane sits on my other side with a smile.

"We would like to watch them when you are at school, either here or at your home, and help you with your power"

Kane says, I nod gently before Winter speaks.

"Kane let Raven know you are up, and that you planned to tell us, don't tell him that I told you this, but with him being a hybrid, more mixed than his siblings, he has very low chances of producing kids, and seeing you with two babies and knowing he most likely can't father any, still bothers him, he loves the girls very much, it just hurts"

Nope.

"if he has an issue with not being able to have kids then he needs to work on himself, if seeing me with my girls triggers him then he won't see any of us at all, I'm not going to live a double life, and im not putting them in danger, please just take us downstairs so I can take them home!'

Winter is the one to take us down to the first floor, and he helps by getting the girls in my car.

"im sorry Leo, I wish- I wish that one day Raven and you can be happy together"

I look away as my chest tightens, my voice strained as I speak.

"I just can be around him, if you truly want to help me and see the girls, then that's ok, Sage has my number so just call"

I glance over to see a ghost of a smile, behind him is a half-dressed Raven who looks pissed.
I put my foot on the gas, driving away fast but as safely as I can.

My chest aches, but my girls come first.