prologue

"...in a single day and night of misfortune, the island of Atlantis disappeared into the depths of the sea." - Plato, 360 B.C.

~~~

In 6,800 BC, an explosion sent a deadly tsunami towards the city of Atlantis. 

Atlantean soldiers in their airships who were patrolling the vicinity panicked. "You fool! You've destroyed us all! The wave is gaining! We have to warn Atlantis- too late!" but those very same soldiers were easily overcome and swept up in the water. Only a small handful survived. 

Flashes of lightning and cracks of thunder illuminated the dark sky. The enormous wave was looming fast and nothing would be able to stop it. Having witnessed the catastrophic danger that was to be inflicted upon the city from the highest building, local workers used their wooden mallets to toll the bell as a warning to the people and red beams of light were cast over the city.

"Everyone to the shelters! Everyone to the shelters!" a soldier quickly broadcasted through a funnel-shaped blowhorn.

The Atlanteans ran fearfully for their lives towards the safety shelters. Their screams of terror could be heard throughout the land. Riders on the flying machines were losing control and crashing down into the streets below. Not desiring to lose their loved ones, families tried their very best to stay together whilst fleeing. Elsewhere, the royal family were preparing to run for cover.

"This way your Highness. Quickly!" a royal guard gestured firmly. The young princess, Kidagakash accidentally dropped her Atlantean doll during the escape and wanted to go back for it which slowed her down. Terrified, her mother kneeled closer to her tiny height, pleading with her desperately "Kida come on! Kida, just leave it! There's no time!"

Whilst consoling her daughter, a bright beam of light suddenly landed on the queen, turning her eyes ice blue in the process. Her body stiffened and she walked in a trance-like state, losing all awareness around her in the midst of the chaos. Her hand gripped Kida's bracelet which slipped off the young girl's wrist when the queen began levitating gracefully in the chilly air.

"Mother!" Kida cried out in distress. She fell over on her knees reaching for her mother and could not understand what was happening. Kida's father, the king, rushed over and cradled his daughter protectively in his arms, tightly shielding her face so she couldn't see. "Close your eyes, Kida! Look away!" the king begged.

He watched helplessly as his wife was lifted up into the floating crystal in silence, never to be seen again. Stone faces of the kings of the past rotated around the crystal orb which merged with the queen. Stone guardians were placed at the edge of the city and together, the power created a protective dome over the city's innermost district, which devastatingly sunk beneath the ocean waves. Eventually, the storm cleared, the waves became balanced and there was no sign that there was ever a civilization once there.

The city of Atlantis which once thrived with life was lost for eternity.