#3 - Revelation, Realisation & Regret

"Family toh door ki baat hai, Manyu bhi kabhi accept nahi karega mera pyaar. I know it is wrong that I am in love with..."

Abhimanyu's voice died in his throat.

"With?" The lawyer asked, "With whom Dr. Birla?" he asked louder this time.

Abhimanyu stared at Kairav, and then at Akshara in horror. All of Akshara's pleadings flashed in front of his eyes. His gaze turned to Bade Papa sitting with a stoic expression on his face. Bade Papa revealing Anisha's character on her funeral flashed in front of his eyes. And then came in front of his sight the slap that his tauji had given to his bade papa.

"WITH WHOM DR. ABHIMANYU BIRLA?"

"A m..married man."

"ENOUGH ABHIMANYU!" Mahima roared from her seat, "JUST ENOUGH, STOP IT!"

Abhimanyu gulped a lump, gathered his courage, and clutched the diary tighter.

"Nahi taiji," Abhi shook his head, "aaj sab sach jaanna hai, mujhe."

Abhimanyu took a moment to look at Akshara, who only stared blankly at nothing in front. He was desperate for a moment of peace, but Akshara even refused to look into his eyes. He looked at Kairav, waiting for him to read ahead.

"Next?" Abhimanyu asked hastily.

The lawyer smiled at his desperation. "Page 59."

"30th April, 2022." Abhimanyu turned the page, "I... I feel like ki..killing myself," he paused in hesitance, "lekin Mm..Manyu ka chehra saamne aa jaata hai hamesha. Mera bhai world ka best..." he gulped a lump, "best heart surgeon hai... lekin iss dard ki dawa toh uske paas bhi nahi hogi. Aur kis munh se jaakar kahun ki mera rishta ek... ek shadishuda se karwa do?"

Manjiri closed her eyes and rested her head on her palms. Kairav stood in the other witness box, letting out a small sigh. His head turned to the broken, tired limbs of his little Akshu, the girl who had lifted the mountains on her head to pave a way for him to live respectfully in the society.

"Rishi ke saath hoti hoon toh akelapan mehsus hi nahi hota... kaash tumse keh paati yeh sab, Manyu." Abhi read out in a trembling voice, "Kash keh paati, that I ain't lonely anymore, but this emptiness... this emptiness is always there, and will always remain. But all hell broke loose today."

Harsh sat next to Manjiri with bated breaths.

"Aaj uss aurat ne humein almost pakad liya tha. Rishi's wife. Maano jaise pairon taley zameen khisak gayi, jab mujhe samajh aaya ki uski wife usey kabhi divorce nahi degi. Aur mujhe jhoot bolna pada ki main bhi married hoon. Lekin ab bas, I need to put an end to this."

Abhimanyu stared at Akshara flabbergasted.

"Page 72." The lawyer came forward, "7 months ahead. Asli kahani yahin shuru hoti hai."

Abhimanyu gulped a lump and turned the pages.

"25th November, 2021. I don't wanna lose Rishi. Uske liye hi toh main yeh sab drama kar rahi hoon. God, please help me. I was almost there, almost about to call Manyu and tell him I'm in love... I'm in love with Kairav, that I finally want to get married, but Kairav simply broke up with me!"

Abhimanyu stumbled on his feet.

"Kk.. Kairav Goenka, India ke one of the leading diamond merchants ka beta hai. Absolutely of the Birla standards, and I was damn sure iss ladke se rishta jodte hi... mere saare toote hue rishte jud jayenge... Mom se, family se... Itna convincing love marriage ka drama create kar deti ke kisi ko," Abhimanyu hesitated to read, "kisi ko shak hi nahi hota Rishi aur mere baare mein-"