#14 - The Onset of a Disaster

Before Mahima could refuse, Anand happily promised to be present well before time for the grand inauguration party of Akshara's Music Academy, with her now holding the reins of the legacy left behind by her mother. Nobody had understood the gravity of the consequences of Manjiri's actions would bring, but then nobody was so close to understanding the war Akshara was fighting within.

A war where Manjiri was unknowingly writing down Akshara's defeat.

Manjiri hurriedly wrapped up her morning chores and rushed to ring up the Goenkas, to let them know that Akshara had signed the transfer papers given by Kairav, and was going to take hold of their mother's legacy, the Akshara Dance and Music Academy. Manjiri also let in an overjoyed Manish and the Goenka family about the grandest surprise inauguration party she had set up for the evening that the entire family must be a part of.

"Arey Manjiri ji, aap chinta mat kijiye. Aapke surprise plan mein hum sab aapke saath hai."

Manish impatiently waited for Swarna to finish.

"Haan Manjiri ji, hum mein se koi bhi Abhimanyu ko nahi batayega."

Arohi passed a snide look at the invitation card Neil sent on her phone.

"Haan, sab theek 7 baje pohonch jayenge." Swarna replied to Manjiri on the call, "Ji bas Kairav ko batana baki hai, woh kisi project meeting pe gaya hai shehar ke bahar. Abhi usey call karke bata doongi toh woh bhi time se pohoch jayega party mein."

Manish impatiently waited for Swarna to finish her pleasantries with Manjiri.

"Boliye Manish ji," Swarna hung up the phone and came up to him, "Kis baat ka wait nahi ho pa raha tha aapse?" she chuckled.

"Wait? Swarna ghadi dekho! 7 bajne mein sirf 7 ghante bache hain. Chalo jaldi kitni tayariyan karni hai, gifts laane hain, kapde..." Manish took her hand in his and took her to the temple in the house. "Lekin pehle inhe dhanyavad dena hai. Woh ghar, meri bachhi ke liye parivar banta dikh raha hai Swarna..." he glanced at her, "tumhe bhi lag raha haina aisa?"

Swarna smiled and kept a hand on his shoulder, "Dekhna Manish ji, 6 mahine yun nikal jayenge, Akshu bhool jayegi ki woh dono kabhi court gaye the apne divorce ke liye."

"Bhoolegi toh woh kabhi nahi Swarna," Manish sighed, "bas uske dil mein jo bhi darr hai woh mit jaaye. Manjiri ji ne zaroor Akshara mein kuch achha badlav dekha hoga. Usey uski pehchan wapis mil jaye, humari bachhi firse gaati-gungunati mile humein..." his eyes glistened, "aur kya chahiye!"

Swarna happily nodded. While Mimi took Swarna and Akhilesh away for preparations, Manish sat down trying Kairav's number to let him know the good news. After all, Kairav was the one who took the initiative of involving Akshara in the Academy's work, bringing her close to music again.

Not able to reach Kairav after numerous calls and even through his colleagues, Manish dropped him a voice note.

"Kairav, beta kahan hai tu! Tujhe ek bahot badi khush-khabri deni hai, tune jo offer Akshu ko diya tha, Naira ki Academy sambhalne ki, Akshu ne wo zimmedari le li hai beta! Papers bhi sign kar diye hai usne! Itna hi nahi, aaj Manjiri ji ne Akshu ke liye ek grand inauguration party rakhi hai, Academy mein hi, uski nayi shuruaat ke liye. Aur please, apna bada munh khol ke Akshara ko congratulate mat kar dena abhi, yeh surprise hai Akshu aur Abhimanyu ke liye. Jahan bhi hai, jo bhi kar raha hai, nipta kar time se 7 baje pohonch jaana Academy. Der mat karna!"