#13 - Celebrations and Plans

Before you start reading, gentle reminder that this SS is an off-track from Leap 1.0!
Sorry for the late update!

-------------------------------------------

#13 - Celebrations and Plans

"Re-inauguration?" Harsh raised a brow, "Itna achha idea, tumhara toh nahi ho sakta."

"Shefali ka hai." Manjiri replied truthfully, "Abhi ne pata nahi kyun usey mana kar diya, lekin main jaanti hoon Akshu ko kitna pasand hai jab dono parivar saath aate hain."

"Manjiri, pehli baat. Goenkas aur Birlas koi do alag sheher mein nahi rehte ki saath aana mushkil hai. Diwali ek hafte mein hai, toh dono parivar saath aane hi wale hain."

Manjiri frowned.

"Aur doosri baat, Abhimanyu ne Shefali ko mana kiya hai toh uske peeche koi wajah hogi." He raised a warning finger. "Jitni speed se tumhare dimag ke ghode daud sakte haina, utna hi unhe daudao. Overspeeding karogi, toh munh ke bal girogi, aur pata nahi kis-kis ko lekar girogi." He shook his head in disbelief and walked off.

--------------------------------

Parking his bike outside the door and throwing the keys at his guard, Abhimanyu almost dashed inside his house, his eyes searching for the girl who had not replied to even one of the ninety-six text messages Abhimanyu had sent her since morning.

Catching his mother stepping out of the kitchen after wrapping up the day's work, Abhimanyu looked at her like she was supposed to know what he wanted to ask.

"Hey Bhagwan!" Manjiri chuckled and tapped his head, "Ja. Is waqt tujhe woh terrace par hi milegi."

Abhi beamed his charming smile at her and turned to leave.

"Tujhe nahi lagta Abhi," Manjiri's words stopped Abhimanyu in his tracks, "ki Akshara beeti baatein nahi bhula pa rahi?"

Abhimanyu turned to her.

"Itne logon ke aas-paas hote hue bhi Akshu akeli, gumsum rehti hai." Manjiri looked at him in the eye, "Yeh woh Akshara nahi hai jise hum jaante the, aur mujhe... humari pehli wali Akshara wapis chahiye.' She heaved a sigh, "Chahe kuch bhi karna pade."

"Jab toofan aata hai na maa," Abhimanyu walked back down the few steps he had climbed, "toh jahan hai wahin theher jaana behtar hai." He held her hand in his palm, "Rukh modne ki koshish nahi karni chahiye, warna jo bacha hai woh bhi haathon se choot jayega."

Manjiri stared at his son before walking away, speechless at his perception of the situation. With the way Abhi had been handling the delicate strings of his relationship, she only feared him being left behind empty-handed once the six months of court's probation were over.

Abhi tip-toed up to the terrace, and like the night before, found her sitting with her guitar, lost and alone. His heart dropped but still, plastering a smile on his face, he stepped in, knowing that sometimes, he had to take the lead in the battle she was fighting alone within.

"Ho ho ho! Congratulations! And celebrations!"

Akshara turned her head around in a swift. Abhi stood at the terrace door with cake in one hand, a balloon in the other and a wide grin on his face. He whistled his way up to her and placed the cake besides, singing the tune in absurd notes.

"Abhi..."

"Congratulations, and celebrations..." Abhi continued to sing tone-deaf, lighting candles on the cake, "I want the world to know how-" he paused.