chapter six

[ act i - lies kept ]

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

episode eight || the lord of the tides

— DELIA TAPPED HER BOOTS delicately onto the sandy ground as her hand reached for her sword. The familiar weapon fitting perfectly into her palm as she spun it in her grasp.

The princess glanced up at Ser Criston, who was already watching her, "Princess, sooner or later I'm afraid you'll surpass me."

The red headed teen grinned, "That's the goal, is it not?" A breeze flew through Delia's long red hair, a coy smile gracing her tainted lips as she rolled her shoulders back. The princess had spent years practicing combat and sword training, determined to make herself useful knowing flying dragons was beyond reach for her.

Ser Criston bowed his head slightly in agreement, "Of course, princess."

Delia grinned widely just as she had begun to stance herself to fight the Knight when footsteps began to approach the two, "I'd love to spar with my dear sister, Ser Criston."

Delia tensed slightly, her playful demeanor slipping away as she watched her older brother, Aemond smugly smirk at her while clutching his sword. The princess licked her lips, her eyes showcasing her irritation for him, "What is it you are doing, brother?"

Aemond's platinum hair swaying a bit as he moved to retort with his half sister, "I merely want to spar, see if your training truly had improved."

Delia grit her teeth, ever since that dreadful night of Aemond's eye incident, the two had grown apart. They were no longer as close as they once were, the prince constantly insulted the young girl, most of the insults being the fact that she was a bastard.

In truth, Delia's relationship with her entire family had gone strain, except for her only sister, Helaena, of course who was the only one who still held the same bond they used to.

Delia's hatred for her grandsire only grew after she had overheard him proposing to her mother that she wed the young girl with her eldest brother, Aegon, so he could take a second wife.

Otto's reasoning was merely that it could strengthen their line, Aegon wedding two of his sisters just as Aegon the Conqueror once had— which would make his image better in the eyes of the people.

The rightful heir was Rhaenyra— as Viserys never seized to remind everyone. Delia acknowledged that very well and couldn't wait to see her on the throne. But that did not stop Otto from scheming as he always did.

Alicent was quick to shut down the idea, refusing to wed her youngest daughter for a multitude of reasons. Delia knew one of them, coming from the fact that she did not bear Tagaryen blood meaning she'd taint the bloodline.

Alicent would've never dared to share that fact with her father, fearing what it would mean so she simply stood her ground and denied her father's proposal.

Delia didn't care what the reasoning was, she was merely relieved she did not have to wed Aegon of all men.

The princess couldn't bear standing in her brothers presence for too long, ever since the night he had betrayed what little trust she had for him.

Delia had hopped she could've kept her bond with Aemond, but that was a fools wish. Ever since Delia had begun to train, her brother had been awfully hostile towards her, constantly pushing her patience to the limit. Taunting and toying with her, constantly seeking to frustrate the young girl.