chapter eight

[ act i - lies kept ]

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

episode eight || the lord of the tides

— DELIA SMOOTHED THE FRONT of her gown as she intently watched herself in the mirror before her, taking in her loose curls with two braids in the midst of them. The red head much hated having to wear green, thinking the color didn't suit her very well.

Her gown was mostly black, green and gold accents decorated throughout the dress, her shoulders holding gold cords. Threaded green touches could be seen towards the end of the dress, it was beautiful and it was the only way Delia enjoyed the color green.

The princess chewed the inside of her cheek, nerves racking through her at the mere thought of the trial. Lucerys' legitimacy was being put to question and her heart did ache for him, being put on the spotlight in such a way never ended well.

Delia had always been grateful she herself had never rose suspicion. No one ever doubted she was Alicent and Viserys' daughter, the Queen having had a hand in it as she stated time after time that young Delia had been born with her features, finally giving her a child that resembled herself.

Viserys— of course— bought the lie, never once doubting his wife's fidelity. Delia didn't know if she held any resemblance to her father, most due to the fact that she had no clue who he was and if she was being honest with herself— she didn't even want to bother finding out his true identity.

She had her mother and Viserys', despite him not being a very present and involved father.

Alicent always stated how she'd forever resent herself for committing the one thing she criticized most, but she never regretted having Delia. The Queen loved the girl in her own way despite not being the best at showcasing it. Always having had to pay more attention to her siblings for a multitude of reasons.

Delia always understood, knowing how her mother had to raise five children on her own. Yet, it would forever annoy her to no end how Alicent would always cover for Aegon's barbaric actions. Forever attempting to keep his reputation clean, that was something Delia would never agree with her mother on.

The princess' lower lip began to tremble as memories flooded her mind, none being rather pleasant. Delia clenched her shaking hands, pushing down her emotions before sharply inhaling.

A knock on the girls room broke her trance.

Delia glanced back, "Come." The girl straightened up, raising her brows slightly while setting her lips into a calm smile— her hands folding together before her.

Helaena stepped into her younger sisters chambers, her eyes falling on the red head who had turned towards her. Delia raised a brow in surprise, not accustomed to having her sister visit her, "Laena, is something wrong?"

The silver haired girl shook her head, "I only wanted to see if you were okay." Delia tilted her head slightly, confusion washing over her features as she did so, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Helaena thought for a moment, "You've been distressed lately." The younger girl parted her lips, taking in her sisters words before tightening her grip on her clasped hands, "Thank you, Laena, for checking on me. But I'm alright."

Helaena watched Delia for another moment, before turning to reach for the door.

Delia watched her sibling turn the handle to which she turned back towards her mirror when she heard Helaena softly hum under her breath, "Arrows will fly and hearts will cry."