Chapter 2

As we went towards my room, I nagged at her. "Jeez, you're supposed to be an adult. I hear that everytime and I don't really understand anything so it's okay. I'm happy that you're covering up for me, but one word is enough! You don't have to punch them, you know!"

I continued on nagging at her but she didn't seem to be listening. I sighed when someone suddenly stopped in front of us. "You were called." said a bulky looking man. So tall...

"Me?" Onee-chan asked.

"Yes. To the office. And hurry up." The man left. Well that was anti-climatic.

"Can I come along?" Onee-chan seemed to hesitate for a bit before she sighed. "Well, he didn't say you couldn't. Just stay at the door, okay?" I nodded happily and she smiled. We then set out for the office. I was literally crawling halfway though because I didn't have much stamina—and onee-chan wasn't kind enough to give me a piggy back...

When we arrived, I stayed at the door, out of sight. Onee-chan told me it'd be bad if her boss found out I was here.

Now that I remember, I don't even know her name. I didn't ask because it was apparently normal for the boss to give their employees another name. It was forbidden to tell your real name to anyone affiliated with this place. I thought for sure she would tell me her fake name and I didn't like it. A/N: I challenge you to guess what reference I'm making! >:)

I hated the boss for that. But that was just one of the reasons why I hate the boss. I would still naturally hate him because he was the reason I was here.

When the conversation started between them, the atmosphere was heavy. Onee-chan and the boss were having a serious conversation. They were obviously not playing around. Not like it's a surprise though.

The boss mostly talked about me and how the job is going. I was surprised when the boss suddenly brought up the incident just now. "I don't forbid you to befriend the monster," So even him, huh? "But do understand that you must keep everything from her."

"Hai," was onee-chan's quick reply; it almost seemed robotic.

"Or else..." There was an uncomfortable silence. For once, I wondered why they were so afraid of me. Is it because of that Alice they always talked about? Just as I thought that, the boss continued. "We're dead."

With that last sentence, onee-chan was dismissed. "Let's go."

As we walked back, my head kept spinning. I wanted to know what was wrong with me. I wanted to know why I was here and not playing with the other kids outside the window. I wanted to know everything about me.

But... will they even tell me? It was clear that the boss didn't want me to know about that particular thing; he even reminded onee-chan about it. Asking the nurses or doctors is out of the question. They are quite loyal to their employer. The only one left is... onee-chan.

When we got back, I entered my room with my head down. "I'm going now, okay?" onee-chan said at the door. Before she could leave, I stopped her, eager to know the reason of all this. I could hardly wait in the hallways earlier.

"What's alice?" I asked seriously. She looked at me momentarily before looking away. "Oh, that? You were just blinded by curiosity. It's nothing."

"Liar. They clearly said it as if it was the reason this is happening." I looked at her pointedly. I won't lose this battle. Not now. "You don't have to know."

"Why won't you tell me?" I asked, sadness in my voice. "Is it because you're afraid I might kill you?" She seemed to look guilty when I said that.

"N-no! It's just..." she hesitated. I waited patiently.

"The chances that they'll turn against you is high. Furthermore, you don't even know how to control it. What's the guarantee that they'll allow you to walk around freely after that?" What she said made me think again.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter if I know. I wouldn't be able to free myself without doing something outrageous like awakening that so-called Alice anyway... And even if I knew, what's the guarantee that I would know how to make it come out?

She took note of my silence and sighed. "Look, I don't want your future to be ruined. You are only ten. You have your whole life ahead of you." I got confused. Isn't it the other way around?

"What do you mean I have my whole life ahead of me?" She looked at me seriously. "I won't tell you anything more, but I can at least say this much. The medication that they give you everyday? It's not medicine. It's to make that power inside of you vanish."

My heart pounded in my chest. Vanish? I can live like a normal human after that? Somehow, I didn't quite like that. Of course I wanted to be freed from this cursed fate, but I also did not want my powers to vanish. Although it seems like a fantasy novel to me, but considering what they've always done to me until now, I could understand it now, bit by bit.

"Don't worry. I'll control it so you can tell me." Her face filled with desperation and... fear?

"NO!" I was startled when she became frantic all of a sudden. "You can't possibly control it! If you let that monster of a power control you through your emotions, who knows what will happen!? You're too young to understand this, Mii-chan! That power of yours must disappear! So that-" Anger flared inside me.

"So that what? So that I can be free!? They'll just use my powers for their own benefit! Humans are greedy creatures, I know you're smart enough to understand that!" Realization slowly appeared in her eyes. I think she didn't really think about that possibility, but I could because of all those anime shows I've watched. It pretty much taught me about life, I guess.

Only now did I notice that the full moon was out. They did say it was dangerous around me when it was a full moon. The moment I took my sight away from it, my eyes were already burning with conviction. If that's the case, maybe even someone who didn't practice this Alice thing will be able to at least activate it. Even a glance is fine. I just need to know what it does.

"Alright, I'm ready to do this!"

"Chotto, Mii-chan, ochitsuke—"

It all happened so fast. The door opened and out came men in heavy suits and holding big and heavy guns. While me and onee-chan were distracted, they had already surrounded us. They pointed their guns at us, more specifically, me.

"Move and we'll shoot!" they threatened.

~~

A/N: YES, I just did that. Mwahahahahaha... It'll be a long time before she meets the main cast so you gotta buckle up for a looong ride. Anyways, you guys already know what she can do so even if she does show it, you guys won't be surprised..... or will you? Mehehehe...

You'll know in the next chapter! Until then, -W- please wait!