Eleven

Holly had been quieter than usual. Maybe she knew about her father. People say that kids know more than adults, its just the adults just pay enough attention to them. That morning, Mali had brought Holly with her and Amelia would have loved to join them, but she was too scared of the media, the unbearable people, known as the paparazzi and the fact that her mom might have heard the news of her hated son in law. Somehow Amelia's mother despised Calum. Amelia never knew the real reason why, but Amelia liked to think that she hated most of the people she knew. She had always told Amelia that their relationship as a married couple would have never lasted, and Amelia found it hard to admit that she was kind of right. If Calum had left there must have been a reason behind it.

"Amelia dear, how would you like the soup?" Joy called from the kitchen, which seemed to be so far away from the couch she was sitting in. Heavily, she rose to her bare feet, shivering at the contact made by the numbing floor she let out a few groans and got into the kitchen. The kitchen had definitely a different light from the living room. The lights were a yellow/orange color which reflected on the white counters. A wall in the kitchen was decorated in tiny fragments of glass, which gave another bright side to the room, Amelia thought that it was probably Mali Koa who decorated it, since she has an astounding artistic talent.

There, was Joy Hood, who grew up the two siblings by herself. She was once a writer and published one novel, which didn't sell much, so she called the quits. Calum had once told Amelia that she met their father after her career as a writer ended. Nobody knew about Calum's father. Apart from Joy, who never spoke about him. According to Calum's theory, he ran away, to live the life he had always wanted to, which was not with a wife and kids.

Popping sounds were made when Joy put some more ingredients in the soup she was making, forgetting about asking Amelia what kind she wanted.

"Sorry dear, if you don't mind, I'm making fish soup if you don't mind." Amelia smiled and thanked Joy, although fish soup reminded her of Calum. The way he always got his chin covered in soup and the way he flicked his tongue when it was too hot. She always found it adorable when-

Joy's phone buzzed furiously on the counter and we stood still, both of us didn't dare to pick it up, until Joy looked at me and decided to.

"Hello?" her voice echoed in the empty house. Joy's voice always did that and people who weren't used to it, might have been creeped out. She nodded twice, before passing me her phone, without speaking. I guess she didn't want to be heard. Amelia slowly took grip of the phone and placed it on her ear. Her grip tightened when she heard the voice which spoke clearly.

"Good evening Mrs Hood."

FILLER!! IK IT WAS KINDA BORING BUT LOVE YA!!