AkaASHi (angst😩🥺)

AkAAASHIII (SAD)

You were such a terrible person, a heartless monster.

And you knew that,

But he didn't.

~~

"You want another one?"

You shook your head slightly, not daring to look at the man beside you.

He hummed a soft 'ok' with a little smile and plopped the candy in his mouth, neatly closing the rest away.

He turned back at you with another smile and started talking, updating you on what he's achieved and what he has yet to do. What he wishes to do and what he regrets doing.

It kind of surprised you, and disappointed you.

That you were not in his list of things he regretted.

"Akaashi..."

"Hm?"

"Stop.... Coming to see me."

It was futile, the ravenette's face immediately shut down, going blank. His eyes devoid of any light and his lips pressed tightly, the brightness and flush in his cheeks fading into a pale canvas; he had heard this numerous times, so many times that he was sickened.

"No."

"Akaashi..."

"I said no."

"Please," You forced the little amount of energy your system had into your words, "Consider this my final wish..."

The look on his face immediately made you regret ever speaking up. His breathing came in faster by every passing second, and his eyes flickered, unblinking.

I messed up.

Forcing your limbs to work, however painful, you reached out for him, before he could start panicking. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I said that. I didn't mean it"

Upon the sight of your weak smile - despite the breaking mask over it - Akaashi smiled back, relaxing.

~~~

"The patient in room 402? The young one with lung disease? What about them?"

"You don't know? They have this boyfriend who's been visiting them unendingly... I kinda feel bad."

"Oh... well, it's not like we could do anything about it. I hope the heartbreak isn't too much for him..."

"Poor soul...."

But it was.

In fact, it was too much. So much that Akaashi had to force himself into a state of denial. Forcing his mind to view the sight of his lover hooked to machines as normal, to consider their convulsing body and failing pulse as normal.

Akaashi had mastered the act of feigning the truth.

~~~~

"Keiji... I love you."

Their smile was Akaashi's reason to keep trying, to keep living. He was sick and tired of having death thrust into his face. He craved life, he craved love.

And you gave him that, and that only.

He loved them relentlessly, watching them sleep as the day progressed and as the nights dwindled, waking up to their scent and touch, grateful for every second they shared.