Tobio~(≧∇≦)ノ

this is my fav.... for some reason.

KAGS AHAHHAHA

For some reason, the nearing finals didn't really freak you out, you were so over exams and tests and bothersome deadlines along with the dread that dragged along with the nearing of a major day; all of it had turned your brain to ash and your limbs to putty.

You retired to simply cursing the world in your head, a book about coding wide open in front of you on the floor.

It really sucked, revising existing material, forcing it into your already exhausted head for the hopes of an A grade to please your parents.

Study, study, study, study....

You thought that if you got high grades you'd also be happy.

But no, if only left you more exhausted and - surprisingly - with more disappointment.

A heavy sigh passed your lips, eyes drooping and a pounding forming on your temples - all too familiar.

Nothing ever pleased you anymore, even music, which strung your system's chord melodiously; now no harmony could ever put your swirling mind at ease.

That was rock bottom.

And yet...

You slightly turned your head and caught the intense gaze of your blueberry boy who had been  peering curiously and once after getting caught, returned to a shade of red you couldn't help find endearing.

....It was him.

Kageyama Tobio, the only one that didn't bore you. The only boy who flipped your expectations and made your heart flutter.

It seems like in every relationship there's the dumb one and the smart one; you felt safe to declare that Tobio was the dumb one here, considering that he proved it many times before and even now, when he'd called you at one in the morning freaking out over maths equations - pulling you out of your self study.

His blue gaze returned, hesitantly. No matter how many times you stare into them you can never get used to their beauty; they weren't like the ocean - no, it wasn't the cliche crashing waves or the unique hue of the deep blue sea when the sunlight breached it.

It was outer space, a whole new dimension left to explore, beyond the edging darkness, beyond any blue that earth could ever hope to achieve. And in the midst of them; swirling stars, an ever circulating galaxy so vibrant it hurt to take it all in.

And it still hurts.

"W-what? Do I have something on my face?" Tobio's low voice brought you back to earth, and you blinked, moving around your heavily eyelids.

"Mhmm," you smirked, "I see confusion." 

Your boyfriend was easy to read; he was the definition of an open book, which was why it wasn't hard to figure out he had feelings for you a year and a half ago. His poker face during a game was hilariously good, but when it came to love...

"How did you know?" He said, feeling a bit cornered as he clutched the end of his practise paper, "Is it that obvious?"

It wasn't that he was sensitive; he had been through a lot and you figured he had enough of pain and self-hate. Let the boy have fun, as Tanaka-senpai said.

Definitely wasn't the fact that you were already head over heels for the king of the court.

"Only to me, and not that much really." You smiled as gently as possible, scooching next to him to read whatever was in his paper. Tutoring Tobio wasn't bad - it wasn't as painful as it was with Shoyo.