My Present - Xiumin × Ara 🎄

DECEMBER 24

XIUMIN'S POV

It's the Christmas day today! Tommorow we have a party at the office, and all my colleagues wanted me to bake cupcakes and cookies for them, since the like them whenever I made those. So I planned to bake them once I got back home. Ara volunteered to help me since it's not an easy job to bake and decorate so many cupcakes and cookies at once, by myself.

Our office time ends at 6 in the evening, but we had to work overtime in order to complete the tasks assigned to us, before we set off for the one-week vacation.

It was almost dinner time so I ordered a takeout for the two of us, at the office itself.

After endless amount of typing on the computer, I finally completed my work. I looked at Ara who was still typing. "I'm done, what about you?" I asked. "Typing a few last words" she said not taking her eyes off the screen.

Pressing the enter key, she gave out a huge sigh and sat back in her chair. Stretching a little, she asked "Today was a long day, right?". "Yeah, they always gotta do this when I have something planned right after work" I said, trying to joke. She laughed and said "True that!"

Gathering all our belongings, turning off the lights, locking everything up, we got into the elevator leading us to the basement. Getting into my car, I drove off to my apartment.

After reaching, I offered her a mug of hot chocolate since she loves chocolate and it's a perfect drink to get warm and cozy, in such cold weather.

"Thank you Min" she said, taking the mug from my hands. "No probs" I responded, smiling. I poured some for myself and sat on the couch beside the one she was sitting on.

"How's it?" I asked as I took a sip of it. "I've NEVER had such a good hot choco drink Min!" She said excitedly, with her eyes wide. "Hahah, I'll make it for you more often then" I said, sipping my drink.
"Thank you SOO MUCH!"

After chatting a little more till we were done having our hot choco, we started the baking process.

"Let's gather all the ingredients first" I said rolling up my sleeves and wearing my apron. I offered Ara another apron and she thanked me for that. She's really polite and kind.

After gathering the ingredients, and making the batter, I poured it into the cupcake moulds and placed them in the oven. "The cupcakes are all set!" I exclaimed, taking off the oven gloves.

Meanwhile, Ara was preparing the cookie dough. "Min, where's the..." She trailed off, as she turned to look at me. "Oh my god, there's flour all over your face" she said pointing at me and laughing. "Wait, really? How did it get there?" I said, trying to wipe it off and laughing. Ara got me tissues to wipe the flour off my face, still laughing.

"You were asking me something?" I asked her, trying to remind her. "Oh yeah! I wanted to ask you if you had a rolling pin to flatten the dough" she asked. "Lemme get it for you" I said, bending down to get it from one of the kitchen trolleys. "Oh, thanks!" She thanked.

"Do you need any help?" I asked. "Nope, I'm good" she replied.

While the cupcakes were in the oven, I prepared frosting to decorate the cupcakes.

Once the cupcakes were done, I put the cookies in and Ara decorated the cupcakes. She's really good at it.

"I'll be in the living room, call me if you need any help" I said. "SUREEE!"

I sat on the couch from where I could see her, pretending to scroll my phone but I actually was looking at her.

Today, I want to stop time ~