Birthday - Lay × Y/N

OCTOBER 7

Your POV:

"Delivery!" the delivery man said, ringing the door bell. I opened the door and took the box from his hands, thanking him in Chinese.

It's Lay's birthday today, but that poor soul has to work today as well. Even his manager told him to rest and enjoy his day but "My work is my joy.." I acted like him saying that. 

Here I am, preparing for this birthday. I couldn't prepare much since I too was busy with an important meeting at work for an artist's album promotions which was releasing soon. 

His family couldn't visit him since it has been raining too heavily these days and it was dangerous to travel here, so I tried my best to prepare all his favourite food by taking tips from his mom and grandma. Though I'm not very great at cooking Chinese food but I tried my best to make it taste like the one his mom made. But aakhir Maa ke haath ka khaana alag hi hota hai (But in the end, nothing tastes like food made my mom herself.)

I set up the table and placed the cake and covered it with a glass lid. "All set!"

I sat on the sofa, took my laptop and decided to finish some work while waiting for him to come back home. Hours past by typing continuously on my laptop and I didn't realise what time it was till my stomach did eureureong eureureong eureureong dae ~ ( I mean growling hehe)

I looked at the time and it already was 11:43... When will he be back? I thought... 

I dialled his number and the call went through..."Hello?" he said from the other side, he sounded tired. "When will you be back Lay?" I asked. "15 minutes, love." he said. "Okayyy, I'll be waiting for you." I said and hung up. He must be really tired attending meetings and with all that extra social interactions on his birthday, poor soul... I think I should keep the celebration at home short and sweet so he can take a rest.

I quickly warmed up the food and turned on the lights I prepared as decorations and turned off the lights of the living room. 

I heard the door unlock and picked up the cake and lit the candle up, taking it to the living room. 

"Happy Birthday, my love~" I sang in Chinese. I soft tired smile appeared on his smile as he placed all the things he had in his hands and came walking towards me. 

"You even learnt how to sing the birthday song in Chinese?" he asked, looking at me with loving eyes and a smile, I nodded. "

"Come on now make a wish quickly, it's almost 12!" I said urging him. He closed his eyes for a few moments and blew the candle. "Thank you for waiting y/n..." he said, looking into my eyes. "Stop looking at me and cut the cake Mr. Zhang" I said, handing him the knife. He shyly giggled.

After cutting the cake, I warmed up the dishes. In the meanwhile, he got changed. We then sat to have dinner together after a long time. The last time we had dinner together was maybe when we visited his hometown, I guess. He grabbed his chopsticks and took the first bite of his most favourite dish. He closed his eyes as he devoured it and his nose started running.

"The dishes taste almost like what mom makes. Thank you so much for cooking these even after a tiring day at work." he said, smiling with his mouth stuffed with food. Idiot, stop saying that I know they were too spicy for you, and you still had them just so that I don't feel bad.

After having dinner and a whole lot of talks about the day, winding everything up in the kitchen, I was about to enter the bedroom when I saw Yizing typing something on his laptop. "You're working again?" I asked walking towards him. He quickly shut his laptop and nervously replied "Just answering some mails the HR sent hehe." He quickly placed the laptop in his bag and went to take a shower. Answering mails this late? That's unusual of him. I thought.

By the time he came back, I did my night routine and answered a few work-related mails. He settled himself on the other side of the bed. I place my laptop aside and prepared to sleep, turning off the lights. "Happy birthday Yizing, I love you!" I said, whispering the later part, which he might not have heard. "Thank you so much y/n, for making my day!" he said, pulling me in a hug which shocked me for a moment but then hugged him back. "Hope this year all your wishes and desires come true..." I said, patting his back. 

My only desire is you...

"Good night Yizing"

"Good night, love"

---

Hello Readers!

Happppyyyy Layyyyyy Dayyyyyy! 

Hope y'all enjoyed reading this short and sweet episode! 

Spoiler: This might be a part of something that might be published in the future ;) Maybe a Lay fanfic orrrrr.....stay tuned to know!

I'll keep coming back here once in a while :D

Until next time, bye bye, take care and be happy :)