Chapter 5

McKenna POV:

when me and Austin woke up, I didn't want to go to school today yet. I'm gonna go tomorrow. me and Austin decided to go to the mall today, just to shop and walk around. I went into the store, Victoria Secret, Hollister, Rue 21, and American Eagle. all my favorite stores. Me and Austin walked to go get Food. Chick-fil-A, we got our food and sat down to eat. then I saw a familiar face looking at me. staring at me. he's been following us around all day. who is that? I looked closer and saw the face of the man. that man was my Father. tears started pouring from my eyes, and I ran. I stop in front of the mall, and sat and cried. I thought Austin was following me. I heard a voice I turned around thinking it was Austin. it's was my father. the one who hit me when I was younger. are you kidding me? I ran without thinking. he was still following me but he was walking I was running. I ran into a forest hoping he would stop following me. I quickly took out my phone and dialed Austin's number. he asking where I was with concern in his voice, "Austin My dad he's following me. I can't get away. he's still behind me. AUSTIN HELP ME" I screamed scared. he said "I'm on my way. be careful McKenna I love you. " and I said "I love you too. please hurry up." and with that. I saw light on the other side of the forest. a highway.I ran quickly it was long before I got there. I'm ran about 4 miles to get there. out of breath, when I got there I stopped. I didn't realize I was in the middle of the road. a car coming my way. I was in shock I couldn't move. I felt and sudden rush of pain in my side, the car hit me. I was on the ground. not moving. I heard everything that was going on, but I couldn't move, or cry and talk, anything I could only hear. I heard a familiar voice saying "please wake up. don't die on me please McKenna! please ! "Austin. he was here. I wanted to smile and wake up right there. but I couldn't. the only thing I could do right now was go to sleep. I became really tired and fell into a deep sleep.

Austin POV:

my heart shattered literally. I saw her on the ground laying there. not moving. barley breathing. everyone was calling 911. I just cried. and said to her hoping she heard me "please wake up. don't die on me please McKenna! please!" but there was no reply. the ambulance was here in minutes they took her and I went in the ambulance with her. I'm praying she doesn't die on me. please don't. we arrived at the hospital and we got into a room. I couldn't do anything about this. I wish I could. I took my phone out and dialed her grandmother. she was on her way here. I called Alex and told him to tell my mom. McKenna was in the hospital. if I have to tell one more person I'll break down. he told her. it was now 5am. I haven't been to sleep yet. I was waiting on McKenna to wake up. I won't sleep until I know she's okay. i sat there and looked at her beautiful face. her grandmother went home and said I could stay because only one person could and she had to get to work tomorrow. she told me to call her with an update every hour. and I did just that. it was now 12pm and she was still asleep. I said to her, hoping she would be able to hear me "McKenna I don't know if you can hear me or not. but I love you. I really do. and I want you to know. I'm not going to leave your side until I know your okay. I kissed her cheek . and i sat there. hoping she would wake up and move. but she didn't. i sat there. it was now Thursday she went into a coma on Friday last week. i was now scared. what if she doesn't wake up ever? i cant think like that. think positive Austin think positive was all i could tell myself right now. i was sitting there, someone walked in. but not a doctor not a nurse, her dad walked in. i tensed up and ask him "what are you doing here?" he said "i came to see my daughter" with a dirty smirk on his face. i got up and stood in front of her so he couldnt get to her. i walked closer to her bed. "GET OUT OF HERE NOW" i screamed. "i swear if you touch her i will break your face." i said. he looked at me weird and just then i saw his hand raise. i quickly punched him in the face, over and over. until a nurse and police came and took him away. there's no way i'm going to let anything happen to Mckenna. i wont.