Gryffindor For The Win!

Once term had started, Fred had to start sleeping in his own room again. The trio was always reading through books. My little group didn't have much time to goof off because Quidditch practice had started again. Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. The Weasleys complained that Wood was becoming a fanatic, I wasn't a fan of it either but Harry was on Wood's side. If we won our next match, against Hufflepuff, we would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years. During one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Wood gave the team a bit of bad news. He'd just gotten very angry with the Weasleys, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms. Wood finally yelled "Will you stop messing around! That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!" George really did fall off his broom at these words. He said "Snape's refereeing? When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin." The rest of the team landed next to George to complain, too. Wood said, "It's not my fault, We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us." The rest of the team hung back to talk to one another as usual at the end of practice, but Harry ran off. George said, "Ava what's up with him?" I shrugged "He's become weird since we came to Hogwarts."

The next morning in Defense Against the Dark Arts, while copying down different ways of treating werewolf bites, Harry and Ron were discussing what they'd do with a Sorcerer's Stone if they had one. Ron said he'd buy his own Quidditch team and Harry said "I'm going to play, If I don't, all the Slytherins will think I'm just too scared to face Snape. I'll show them... it'll wipe the smiles off their faces if we win." Hermione said "Just as long as we're not wiping you off the field," As the match drew nearer, however, Harry and I became more and more nervous, The rest of the team wasn't too calm, either. The idea of overtaking Slytherin in the House Championship was wonderful, no one had done it for seven years, Potions lessons were turning into a sort of weekly torture for Harry, and Snape was so horrible to him. Harry seemed lost in thought as he pulled on his Quidditch robes and picked up his Nimbus Two Thousand. Fred said "The whole school's out there! Even.. blimey... Dumbledore's come to watch!" Harry and I ran to the door as Harry said "Dumbledore?" Fred was right. There was no mistaking that silver beard. Professor Snape was looking so angry as we marched onto the field. and we began to play. 

Professor Snape awarded a couple of penalties to Hufflepuff when suddenly Harry dived straight for Professor Snape who turned on his broomstick just in time to see Harry shoot past him, missing him by inches. The next second, Harry had pulled out of the dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch clasped in his hand. The stands erupted; it had to be a record, no one could ever remember the Snitch being caught so quickly. I cheered with the rest of my team and once we landed I hugged my brother who obviously hugged me back. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up into Dumbledore's smiling face. he said "Well done, Nice to see you haven't been brooding about that mirror... been keeping busy... excellent..." Harry and I left the locker room alone sometime later, to take our Nimbus Two Thousand back to the broom shed. I was so happy for my brother, he'd really done something to be proud of now. No one could say he was just a famous name anymore. We leaned against the wooden door and looked up at Hogwarts, with its windows glowing red in the setting sun. 

Gryffindor is in the lead. I said "Harry?" he said, "Yeah Ava?" I said "I'm glad we came here, and I'm glad we're in Gryffindor, there's something I haven't told you yet." he said, "What's that?" I said "Professor Snape is my godfather." he said "What?" I went to speak again but he said "Ava come on." and jumped on his broom so I followed him. Professor Snape had run into the forbidden forest. The trees were so thick we couldn't see where he had gone. We flew in circles, lower and lower, brushing the top branches of trees until we heard voices. We glided toward them and landed noiselessly in a towering beech tree. Below, in a shadowy clearing, stood Professor Snape, but he wasn't alone. Quirrell was there, too and he was studdering "...d- don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus..." Snape said "Oh, I thought we'd keep this private, Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all. Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?" Quirrell said "B-b-but Severus, I..." 

Snape took a step toward him "You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," Quirrell said "I-I don't know what you..." Snape said, "You know perfectly well what I mean." An owl hooted loudly, making me fall out of the tree. Snape said "...your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting." Quirrell saw me and said "B-but I d-d-don't..." I tried to hide behind a tree but Snape said "Avacyn where do you think you're going?" I said "To hide?" he rolled his eyes and said, "Very well, We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie." He threw his cloak over his head and grabbed my hand pulling me from the clearing. As we walked to his chambers I said "Are you mad?" he glanced at me and then said "No." due to his tone, I stayed quiet thinking it was my best option at the moment. He pulled me along to his chambers in the dungeon, and once inside I sat on his bed while he took off his cloak, finally, he said "What were you thinking? That forest can get you kicked out of Hogwarts, and more importantly, it is dangerous, there are creatures in that forest that can kill you, Ava." I looked down at my mom's necklace and said "I don't know, I was putting my broom in the broom shed when I saw you go into the forest and... I was curious." he said, "About what I was doing?" 

I said, "About who you were going to see." I looked up at him and continued "With how much you care for me and how you talk about my mom it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you were in love with her, but it's been 11 years so I thought you might have a secret girlfriend and I wanted to know who." he sat next to me and said, "Ava, yes I loved your mother, but no I don't have a girlfriend." I said "Can I ask you a question?" he sighed and laid back "What?" I said "What's the Philosopher's Stone?" he said, "Students aren't supposed to know about that." I said, "I won't tell." I turned to look at him and he stared at me for a moment then said: "The Philosophers stone was made by Nicholas Flamel it has the ability to turn metals to gold and also makes the elixir of life, it essentially makes you immortal by making the person younger." I said "So... you want to live forever?" he said, "No, I do not want the stone, I want to make sure it doesn't end up with Voldemort." I said "And Quirrell knows how to get it?" he rolled his eyes "Not yet." I accidentally said "Because of Fluffy?" and then immediately tried to escape to the door but he grabbed my arm pulling me back "Freeze!" 

I sighed as he said, "What the hell is Fluffy?" I said "Fluffy is a giant three-headed dog that I think you know about." he said "You've been in the forbidden corridor. Wait how do you know its name is Fluffy?" I said "Hagrid told me when I told him about the puppy." he said, "You have got to stop going into forbidden areas Avacyn." I said "I can't help it, I'm curious." he said "This ends now, now it's late and you have to be up for class in a few hours. Get some sleep." he took a blanket and pillow and went to lay on his couch, I sighed and crawled to the head of the bed and laid down I gently said "Goodnight Professor Snape." he said "Goodnight Ava." and I drifted off to sleep.