CHAPTER 25:

**CHAPTER WARNING: Descriptions of people getting shot and killed.**

The next day you were up around the afternoon. Thankfully you hardly had a hangover although you still had a minor headache that would go away in time for the mission tonight.

This morning, you woke up spooning Simon. With the time he spent with the mask off, you made sure to separate Ghost from this entity because it felt odd to continue calling Simon Ghost in the times he was being more intimate and open with you. You were the big spoon as you gently ran your fingers through his hair massaging his scalp gently.

Simon sleepily moaned at the affection as he slowly became more awake. He turned around wrapping his arms and legs around you locking you against his body. You laughed softly as you were trapped, "Simon. It's time to wake up."

Simon fluttered his eyes open pulling his neck back to look at you. You smiled at him and he responded by squeezing you tighter burying his face into you neck. "Shhh." He hushed at you.

You rolled your eyes as you freed your arm and wrapped it up into his head where you continued to play with his hair. The both of you could probably lay here forever and be content. You didn't realize how touch starved you were until you found yourself craving Simon's touch more and more every hour of the day. And he did too.

          For many years, Simon had been lost in his work becoming Ghost and taking the hardest missions almost with a death wish. He had been alone for so long, and afraid to lose those he cared about. So he scared everyone who wanted to befriend him off, but somehow this American helped him lower his defenses and began to help him heal. Somehow, he wasn't scared anymore.

          Eventually after a long while of cuddling in silence there was a knock at the door. You both shuffled in bed while Simon let go of you.

          "This is your room. You get it." You groaned as you tossed the blanket over your shoulder as Simon sat up putting pants on as well as his mask. You watched Ghost as he walked over and opened the door greeted by Soap.

          "Good Afternoon!" He yelled. "You guys have been asleep all day." You looked at Soap in surprise wondering how he wasn't hungover at all considering how drunk he had been the night before.

          "Yeah. We would have continued if you hadn't woken us up." Ghost retorted. You rolled your eyes.

          "I've been awake for the record, but this bum literally had me trapped unable to move." You laughed staying hidden under the covers.

          Ghost scoffed before Soap continued talking, "Well I'm sorry to be bugging you both. But we do have to get goin real soon."

         "I know I know. We weren't gonna let you have all the fun." Ghost joked. "We'll be ready soon."

         "I'll see you guys soon then." Soap nodded at Ghost before he left while Ghost slowly closed the door. He tossed his mask off to the side before laying back down in the bed with you a smile on his face. You wrapped yourself against his body still naked yourself from the prior night. He slowly leaned into you as your lips met his. You sighed as you placed your head on his chest.

         "After this mission, do you think we'll be done?" Simon wrapped his arm around you holding you in place.

          "Hmm. On this operation possibly. But I'm sure we'll have a lot more work to do with Task Force 141 afterwards." Simon replied. You gave him a small smile as you both laid peacefully. Eventually you sat up and began to get ready for the mission.