CHAPTER 12:

Hola! Another quick note. This chapter is going to be mostly filler but it goes into Ghost's backstory which I think will help you guys understand more why I'm writing him the way I am. As usual, enjoy <3

                                           |

"Are you afraid of what might happen?" Simon looked up at the red head as a memory flashed across his vision. It was short in actual time but for him, his memories felt long as he relieved it. He could remember every detail, frantically running after jumping out of the window to Roba's mansion. The shattering glass cutting his sleeves and embedding into his skin. His legs carrying him as fast as he could manage as he ran for his life, safety outside of the gate that surrounded the mansion. So close to the freedom before the echo of a shotgun ended the memory.

"You might find closure." The red head's voice rang in his ears as Simon then saw an older bald man standing in front of him arms folded behind his back as a shorter and plumper Mexican man stood next to him. "Riley, though... He needs more time. You're not going to get another chance with an S.A.S. Your ways aren't gonna get to this man's soul Roba..." spoke the bald man as he started at Simons weak and fragile body laying on the ground.

"I fucking have yours. And I didn't have to have you jabbering in my ear like a woman when I did it Major Vernon." Responded Roba angrily as he clenched his fists. This memory too cut short by the slamming of prision bars the very same he was kept behind for many months. Simons eyes twitched before looking back up to meet the red head's the memories fading from his eyes.

"Dr. Halloway, I've been all over the world. I've met many kinds of characters. Most of them are stupid, or greedy, sometimes they're power mad which is just greedy and smart." He could see his brother now. A blonde man who sat in a lounge chair across from him which now clouded his vision as he played with his nephew. Simon's brother his wife all hanging around together. Simon sat his nephew Joseph down on his lap after tiring out from repeatedly holding and tossing the little guy in the air.

"You're a lucky man, Tom. I'm proud of you." Simon smiled as his brother while his nephew left his lap to play with his airplane. Simon settled back into the couch before his brother spoke up. "When are you going to stop saving the world and settle down?" Tom asked with a laugh. Simon have Tom a big smile looking away slightly embarrassed, "Aw, I couldn't do better then you and Beth." Simon replied before being interrupted by the ring of a doorbell.

"Every once in a while you meet a man who's evil. I mean pure evil. Real evil. Evil you can feel it in your bones." Roba crossed Simon's mind once again as the memory of his family enjoying each others company disappeared. Simon methodically pointed an smg at Roba who stood nearly an arms length away from Simon. Although he was confident with his aim, Simon shook anxiously still very much afraid of this man.

Roba let out a large laugh at Simon, his features exaggerated by white face paint detailed in black forming a skull on his face. Simon doubled down regaining composure as he pointed the gun more firmly at Roba. "You can't kill me English..." Roba hissed. "You eat your gun? Maybe you try that, hmm?" Roba walked closer to Simon the gun he held now nearly touching Roba's forehead. Roba grinned mischievously pointing to Simon's forehead, "I'm in here, stupid."

Ghost's vision unclouded as he could see the psychologists office once again. "This guy in Mexico, Roba. "El Gordo." He's power mad. Sadistic. But he's not pure evil." Simon's cleared vision didn't last long as another memory flashed before his eyes of his entire family dead. His brother, Tom: brother's wife, Beth: his mom: and his Nephew, Joseph. All he considered family in fact were killed, in puddles of blood with gunshot wounds covering their bodies. Everyone there except his father.

"Nothing like my father." Simon then saw his father in the hospital bed dying. Simon sat in a small chair as he confronted the man who abused him throughout his whole upbringing."The man who tortured me painted a skull on his face. I can't get it out of my head. An' something else..." Simon muttered quietly quite the opposite compared to his father who shrieked in a horrible laugh, "I wouldn't worry 'bout it none, Sonny" yelled the dying old man. "Y'ain't brainwashed. You're just a fucking pussy." He continued laughing in his son's face.

"Nothing like my father..." Simon said. Dr. Halloway sat back in her chair writing a note in her notepad. "What did he do to make you form this opinion?" The Doctor's voiced echoed in Simon's head.

Simon now stood in front of a mirror painting black on his face that was painted completely white. He glared into his reflection, barely able to recognize his own face as he finished outlining the marks of teeth of the skull that had been haunting him for months. "Lieutenant Riley?" The doctor's voice once again radiated in his mind.

The location changed and Simon stood in front of a burning building just having shot the second man who was involved in murdering his family, framing Simon for the Murders. He opened his palm which contained a Dog Tag with a name that was not his own. Having switched his dog tags with the American Marine's who was also captured on the mission to infiltrate Roba's mansion. Ironically the man you killed was originally your teammate but ended up brainwashed and forced into executing the murder of your family ruining everything good about your life.

"That's the thing about evil doctor. You don't have to do anything." The memory didn't pass this time, instead Simon looked up at the windows which were spewing flames. He could no longer feel it's warmth, all feeling had gone. Simon felt numb, he felt nothing and yet he was smiling. The flames engulfing the building, it was a funeral pyre that burned high in the sky. Symbolically, it marked the end of Lieutenant Simon Riley.

Now, all that was left was just a Ghost.

WORD COUNT: 1039
Credits: Modern Warfare 2: Ghost Comic