Chapter 6

Soon it was morning the sun was shining so bright it hit my eyes when I woke up. I looked at Osiris and he was sleeping next to me, he must have stayed here all night to comfort me. I guess Osirs really is my true friend even though he kinda kidnapped me when we first met.

"Runara!"

I looked outside to see Harley and her grandmother holding baskets, I quickly grabbed my sweater and ran down the treehouse stairs to meet them.

"Hey Runara, do you want to go berry picking with us?" Harley said

"Oh sure! But do you do this often? I thought you would usually fight enemies or something."

"Yeah but I'm on vacation so I go exploring, hanging out with my grandmother, or just sleeping."

"Well I'm going to pack my things and wake up Osiris so we can pick berries with you guys." I said

"Okay then we'll wait down here for you"

I went back up the tree house stairs and back to the room packing my things and preparing myself to pick berries. Osiris woke up and I made him a small back made of the giant leaves I pulled from the trees, he climbed onto my back as we walked back down where they waited for us. Then we went on our walk to search for berries, as we walked down the path I found pretty bugs on the trees and in the bushes. I've never seen these bugs before, it must be a Elazar thing because there's barely normal things here like: raining in an underground forest that people might not even know about, strange buildings, stairs that lead to the clouds. I mean what's up next? Flying shoes in replacement of the birds we see today?

"Well here we are." Said Harley's grandmother

She pointed at a bush that was covered with nearly heart shaped berries with a glow in the middle. I guess these berries aso prove how unusual this planet really is compared to the earth I once lived on before coming here.

"Since there's thorns on the bush we must be careful, so I bought a potion that I was making while you two were still resting in your room. It gets rid of thorns and it won't harm the bush at all, just watch as I do it."

Harley's Grandmother opened a small bottle that she had pulled out of her coat pocket and carefully poured it on the thornes, soon the thornes started shrinking enough to the point where you are able to grab it and not get cut by the thornes.She picked the berry and put it in the basket she was holding, then she looked at me with a smile and held the basket towards me.

"Would you like to try picking the berries with me,Runara?"

"Sure thing" I said

She handed me her basket along with the bottled potion she invented back at the treehouse. I walked over to a completely different bush that was covered in vines like the other bush once was, pouring the potion onto the thornes and watching them shrink to eye sized thrones. Finally the berry was more visible and obtainable since the shark harmful vines are too small to hurt me.

"Nice work, I guess my potion really does work after all. There's more bushes down the path we should split up to collect more berries for my next pie, everyone agreed and we were split into teams of two. I stayed with Osiris of course, he's my best friend now and we trust each other. If anything bad ever happens we will have each other's backs no matter how dangerous the situation might be. When we split up we went to different paths to look for more berries,this way we would get more berries and it would be quicker.Than Harley's grandmother's can have enough berries for her next pie.

As me and Osiris grabbed many berries we realized it was getting darker and darker, and our basket was pretty much full. Me and Osiris decided to search for Harley and her grandmother so we turned back down the path we came from, soon we returned back to the treehouse and they were already there waiting for us. It seemed they filled their basket up with berries just like we did. There were so many berries it looked like she could make almost 36 pies with these! To be honest I never thought that a small area in this forest could hold so many berries.

"Are you guys ready with the berries you collected today?" Harley said

"Yes, we did, and it looks like you have about the same amount as we do."

"Yeah, hehe it's really easy to get berries when you're living in this forest. Anyways we should wash and store them for later."

"Good idea"

As we gathered all the berries we collected and poured them in a giant container to wash them, then we drained the water out and divided the berries into multiple square-shaped baskets placing them on shelves in her kitchen. Then she turned to us with her sweet smile again.

"You all must be exhausted, take a break in your rooms if needed but if you aren't tired you can stargaze or take a walk in the forest or around the treehouse if you'd like to of course."

I nodded and picked up Osiris who was half asleep so I had to carry him to bed. It almost felt like he was getting heavier..or maybe it was just me. I placed Osiris on my bed while I went into my closet to change into my pajamas. I turned off the light and sat next to Osiris as he slept,then I wondered what he would do if I left Elazar to go back to earth..? Would he actually miss me? Oh well, I'll just get some rest after collecting all those berries.

-The Next Day-