Chapter 7

When I woke up Osiris was missing, I looked under the bed and in the closet but he was nowhere to be seen. I started panicking hoping that he would show up somewhere in the room. I even called his name six times but there was no response. Suddenly I heard screaming coming from outside so I ran down the stairs almost falling face forward into the ground like the sand pancake I was. I found Osiris but he was sitting on the ground crying while a huge creature started at him. It wasn't hurting him at all, like it was some kind of dog that just wanted to play. It wasn't just a normal creature, it was like a big lion but it looked like it was made completely out of water, I could even see through it! Then it looked at me and started walking towards me. He stared at me again but it almost felt like an hour.Instead of it attacking me it licked my face and I was soaked in water.

"Aw, it's so cute!" I said while gently petting the water lion

Osiris looked at me in shock as if I just hugged a ghost.

"How are you not scared of that thing? What if it kills you?"

"Don't worry Osiris, he's not hurting anyone."

"Please don't tell me youre gonna keep that thing as your pet."

"Oh that's a wonderful idea Osiris! You're so smart you could probably be able to do my math homework."

"What?!"

The lion grabbed the back of my shirt with its teeth and put me on his back. I was surprised I didn't drown in him.

"Come on, Osiris, it'll be fun!" I said as the lion smiled back as me

"Fine but only because I trust you, but just this once."

I helped Osiris get on the water lion and it took us away from the tree house, then i remember i was still in my pajamas so i told Osiris and suddenly the lion stopped and looked at me for a moment, it turned around and returned to the tree house as if it understood what i said about my pajamas

. I got off his back and thanked him, he nodded his head and sat there to wait for me. I guess he really could understand every word I said. I went back to my room and changed into my armor and grabbed my bow. When I came back to Osiris and the lion was still there, suddenly I heard a voice behind me, it ended up being Harley.

"Oh wow nice lion you got there Runara! Wait a minute, is that lion made of water?"

"Yeah I found him here, well.. I guess you can say Osiris accidentally found him here. I have no idea how he's made out of water or where he even came from. By the way, where is your grandmother?"

"Oh wow i almost forgot, she left when we were all sleeping. Yesterday she told me she was going outside the forest to work."

"Where does your grandmother work now that I think about it?"

"Well you know the berries we picked together right? She uses those berries and makes little treats and sells them to people on the other side of the forest."

"Hehe, I guess that answers my question."

"You seem like you're heading somewhere, where are you going actually?"

"Wherever this water lion takes us, I suppose."

"Can I go with you? Pretty please! I promise I wont get in your way or anything."

"Sure thing, but do you have all your stuff packed?" i said

"Yep, yep, and yep!"

Harley climbed on to the water lion and we headed off into the tall tree forest, Harley kept taking pictures of different parts and the forest and every place we went to. Then we reached this one area where the trees almost looked as if they were dying...The water lion slowly walked up to this small strange cabin, it looked like nobody lived in it. We all got off his back and Haley softly touched him on the head.

"Hey you know what? We should give him a name instead of calling him "Water lion" all the time." Harley said

"Oh yeah, great idea! What do you plan on naming him?"

"Well first off, is the water lion actually a boy?"

"What do you mean?" I said"

"What if He is actually a SHE, you never figured that out, did you?"

We stared at each other for a moment trying not to laugh.

"It's a Water lion, it doesn't have a gender!"

"But WE don't know that, what if we offend them?"

"Oh well i guess we're going to have to decide on that later, but first, we need to figure out why mr water lion brought us here in the first place."

"Fine, but after this I'm naming them."

"Alright then, whatever you say Mrs lion loving lady."

I pulled out my bow and Harley brought out her bat as Osiris followed us in, as we slowly walked in we noticed a pot near a window. It looked like someone had already been there recently and they might come back. I went to get a closer look but Harley grabbed my hand and she looked worried.

"Do you really think this is a smart idea? What if this soup or potion or whatever this is actually kills you?"

"Well if it does as least ill be some kind of test rat."

"You really wanna be a test rat that badly?" Harley said while laughing at me

"Um, of course not, I was just joking, don't worry about it okay?"

She let go of my hand and I looked into the pot for a minute. It was some kind of green liquid. The pot and the green liquid inside of it was so hot that it melted part of the spoon! Maybe I should take a sample of it and take it back to the tree house to experiment on the strange liquid that someone just left here.