Chapter 3

"I understand have a good night, Runara"

As I left the tent i put my hand in my back pocket to reach for the necklace my mother gave to me as a child, hm if only i could remember what my mother told me the day she gave me this necklace, maybe if i imagine her voice I wouldn't feel sad or lonely nearly missing her half the time here. Maybe she's as worried about me as I am worried about her right now.

"Runara!"

I turned around to see mystique smiling and waving with her pretty yellow glowing eyes.

"Where are you going this late at night? Aren't you tired or afraid those gross huge monsters are going to get the jump on you?"

I looked at her and laughed, "Why would I be afraid of them? We always beat them so easily and I upgraded my bow so you needn't worry about me."

"Whatever you say I guess just be careful and if you get into any trouble just scream or do something to call me okay?"

I nodded and went off my way, I was about half way out the forest when I heard whispering noises. It was like someone was watching me from far away or even worse, judging me from afar like my classmates do almost every single day I walk through the door.Then I pulled out my bow ready to fight whatever was surrounding me, but I listened closer and it sounded like there were many of them. This time they weren't whispering, they were all laughing. Out of nowhere I felt something fall on my head and I fell down, almost landing on my bow and breaking it to pieces. It was a tiny creature with a huge smile that fell from the tree. As soon as i looked at it something hit me so hard in the back of the head and it turned dark.

When I woke up my vision was blurry, I could only hear mumbling and squeaking noises but when my vision came back I saw the creature again but this time there were two.

"Oh! Brother, it's awake!"

My eyes widened as I looked at the two creatures. I tried to escape but I was tied and and my mouth was sealed with some kind of magic dust. I wasn't able to say a single word nor scream for help. Then I started kicking and rocking the chair and fell over wanting to curl in a ball and cry wishing I never left the camp.

"I see that little brother, we should show it off to our village."

"But isn't it too big?"

"No of course not! Now help me move it okay?"

They both untied me from the chair but my arms were still tied up tight. They carried me to a high balcony that was so high you could see the entire village from here. Who knew I would be kidnapped by 2 feet tall creatures that look like my plushies in my room. I looked behind me to see this slightly bigger creature with a mustache, cane, and huge hat almost covering his eyes.

"Welcome everyone!" Said the creature

"We managed to capture a human! It's much taller than I expected it to be, anyways let's see what the human has to say to us."

The magic seal suddenly disappeared and i was able to speak again

"Let me go im not a trophy for your stupid show and tell speech!" I said

"Well you wandered into our territory so we must punish you."

"Punish me for what?! Just exploring and getting fresh air or something?!?!"

"Enough questions, you humans have names, correct?"

"Yeah but what does my name have to do with anything?"

"Well if you're going to be here for your punishment we must call you something instead of "human" all the time so tell me, what's your name?"

"My name is Runara"

All the creatures stared at me in silence like I just said a forbidden word or something. Geeze, is my name really that bad?

"Hm what an interesting name, alright then let's take you to your punishment room."

Ever since I got here I've been wondering what these guys or creatures are or what they do, they don't seem scary but listening to them constantly talking about my punishment nearly made me so nervous i almost felt like i was gonna vomit right about now.

They took me to the mountain and untied me, finally my hands were free and my arms were hurting after being behind my back for so long.

"This is the punishment challenge, do you feel as prepared as you believe you are?" He said,

"I'm always ready, but... what exactly should I be ready for?"

"We call this punishment challenge float rock until you drop!" I will explain the rules to you so you won't have to be confused, follow me.

We walked over to the cliff and looked over the edge, I was trying so hard to fight my fear of hights i never told anyone about because of how ashamed i was of it.

"So here are the rules of Runara: There's a huge pond at the bottom of the cliff, bubbles will form and bring but platforms for you to jump off of. If you get to the end and reach the finish line, you win! If you miss a platform and fail you will fall in the pond and there will be a possibility you won't make it out alive."

I nodded my head still shaking in fear and peaking over the edge hoping I wouldn't fall, the creature looked at me and said:

"Okay I'm going to start the timer. You have exactly 6 minutes to do it."

"Ready, set, go!"

As bubbles floated up from the pond platforms appeared with them, when I took the first jump I felt the sick feeling in my stomach again, looking down on how high it was.