The news

~Chanyeol's POV~

The next morning, I decided to come to school early to apologize to those harsh words I said to Lu-rin, feeling a pang of guilt right after Lu-rin decided to walk away.

"I did not even mean to say those words... I was just so stressed because of basketball practice... and Lu-rin was the one I vented my anger on." Raising his arm a little, he checked the time on his wristwatch.

"It's already 6:30" I thought sighing as I grow impatient waiting.

"She always comes to school early..." I was snapped out from my thoughts when the bell rang. Quickly standing up, my thoughts started drifting to Lu-rin as yesterday's events start filling my mind.

Reaching the classroom in time, I quickly notice Lu-rin's empty seat as I made my way to my own. Not before long, some more students entered the class followed by Ms. Lu who immediately checked the day's attendance. After a few names mentioned, it was finally Lu-rin's turn. "Mr. Park, why is Ms. Lee not here?" Ms. Lu asked him knowing him to be Lu-rin's bestfriend.

As he was about to speak, someone knocked on the door. "Lu-rin..?" His heart started pounding hard on his chest looking at the door.

"Oh... Its only you." He sighed disappointedly as Suho enters.

"Ms. Lu I've got an announcement to all of you, may I?"

"Go on." said Ms. Lu as all eyes were automatically focused on him. "Did he cry or something?" I asked myself. Suho also happened to be Lu-rin's bestfriend, not only that but I have to admit the jealousy I feel when every girl falls head over heels for him because of his kindness and handsomeness. Fortunately, Lu-rin doesn't like him, she said so herself since she already has someone in mind. "And I wonder who THAT is..."

"I'm here today to announce that Lu-rin's gone to the U.S."

I looked at him shocked. "She went to the U.S. without even saying goodbye??" I thought as my hand curled up into a fist. 

"She went to the U.S why?" one of our classmates asked.

"Actually She went to U.S for her surgery last night, she was attacked by her brain tumor. They went to the hospital and the doctor said she needs to undergo through surgery soon. That night Aunt booked a flight to America, she's really in a critical stage right now so please pray for her. She's been hiding her illness since 7th grade because she doesn't want us to pity her.... She just wants to be treat normally. She even told me once that she's very happy being with us, that we've all become a part of her life. She also wanted to say 'thank you' to the person she loves the most. She's happy because that person already learned how to stand on his own two feet and be confident about himself. If she leaves, she hopes that these memories will leave a mark on this world... She wishes us all to be happy and pursue our dreams. That's all... thank you. I-I need to go now.. Have a nice day, thank you Ms. Lu" Suho turned around and burst into tears followed by the entire class. She's a very nice person... and she was loved by everyone...

My heart, however, is being shattered as I listened to the news. I banged my fist on the chair as I grabbed my bag before running off. I heard Ms. Lu calling me but I didn't look back. I went to our secret hide-out where we fought yesterday....

I threw my bag at the tree and punched the big rock near it.

"Why her???!!! Take everything away from me just don't take her away!!! ....I-I need her..!!!" I cried and cried and punched the rock again and again until my fist is bleeding. I cried not because of the pain on my fist but by the fact that I treated the girl that I cared about like shit these past few days. I stand up not minding the blood dripping on my knuckles.

On the corner of my eyes, something caught my attention in the tree's hole on the trunk...

It's a present.

I took it and saw a sticky note under the box that says:

"To: My Dearest Channie "

I wiped my tears and smiled when I read it. I opened the box and i saw a pair of glasses and a pink envelope.

I was about to open the envelope when I noticed a note at the back...

"Keep smiling when you read this even at the last part or I'll drag your butt into a smile haha just joking just smile, it suits you more "

I chuckled when I read it, she doesn't failed to make me smile...

I open the letter as my heart starts to sink...

Don't for get to vote and comment thank you for reading! ^_^