Love.

Elora was late for school on Monday. Coming in once the bell had rung and the others were already in their classes. She was wearing one of Peters's hoodies, which she had stolen, pulling the sleeve over her right hand to cover up the cut.

Her dad had cleaned, sterilized and neatly covered her cut with gauze the same morning. Taking his time while reminding Elora to "Take care, be careful and know I'm always here for you Pumpkin." 

Elora walked into the gym that afternoon catching Peter's eye across and waved at him. He smiled widely and waved back. She made her way up the bleachers and sat down pulling out her juice box and a packet of Oreos. She watched as Peter stood by the cheerleaders his camera ready as he watched them discuss their poses. She saw him glance her way a couple of times making her smirk at him which caused the boy to blush and turn away.

Flash and his team were playing basketball on the other side of the gym and Tyson was amongst them. Half the team was in blue jerseys and the other half in white. Tyson and Flash were both on the same team as they played. 

Elora took her place on the bleachers, taking out her snacks and plugging in her music. She had promised to meet Peter here after class so they walk home together but she was not interested in listening to other people's thoughts. She just wanted some peace and quiet. Peter watched Elora eat her Oreos, fiddle with her earphones and then talk out her book to start reading. As much as he wanted to sit by her side on the bleachers, reading with her... he couldn't. She didn't like him, not as he liked her.

Too engrossed in their own work both Elora and Peter failed to notice Flash smash the ball out of the opponent team's players hand, sending the ball rolling over the girl who was sitting by the banners on the floor and painting. One touch of the ball to the blue bucket of paint and the rest was spilling over on the freshly painted banner. 

Elora and Peter both turned their heads over to the commotion when the girl rose to her feet annoyed as she spoke to Flash, "You did it on purpose Flash." 

As Flash came to take the ball back he glared at the girl smirking at her as she cowered and said, "No. But I definitely should've. You better watch your back." He rolled his eyes at her and went back to playing his game. 

Elora sighed at Flash's bullying, sharing a look with Tyson before watching as Peter walked to the girl, got down and picked up the bucket, she watched him talk to the girl as the girl looked at him in complete awe. Elora frowned her brows at this her stomach hating the look the girl was sending to Peter.

All Elora wanted to do was go up to Peter and girl, and hold Peter's hand but she couldn't cause Peter is only her best friend nothing more, and it's wrong for her to feel the way she does for him. And she will never tell Peter this, fearing that he'll not say what she wants to hear and then it'll be awkward between them and the whole friend group would suffer. 

At the same time, Flash stopped the opponent player from shooting a basket once again and the ball went bouncing over to Peter and the girl. Peter easily leaned on his one leg and grabbed the ball before it could hit the girl. Elora scoffed at Peter's attempt to impress the girl with his all of a sudden basketball skills. 

Tyson watched Peter with an impressed look before looking back to Elora who was frowning at the two. He laughed under his breath at the girl. She was as clueless as Tyson was when he sat with Gwen to do chemistry homework. The two smartest people in school completely oblivious to their feelings for each other. 

"Alright give it up Parker." Flash asks for the ball waving his fingers clearly annoyed at his waste of time. Peter looked back at the girl who was still watching him not saying anything before turning back to Flash, "One sec." He nodded his head and handed his camera to the girl to hold it and he turned to face Flash.