𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢[2]

This is part 2 of 'The History'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator (pov)

Lucky was outside the library still trying to process what his brother was planning to do. He couldn't believe it.

But while Lucky was having a crisis he saw Dainin going out of the library looking smug. He also looked a bit different, he had these white marks on his face and his eyes looked paler.

Lucky:  Brother can I talk to you?

Dainin:  What is it Lucky?

Lucky:  .  .  .

Dainin:  Well?

Lucky:  I- I saw your plans for the monsters.

Dainin:  .  .  .  .  .  .

Lucky:  Brother? Why?

Dainin: It.  .  .  It's for the best.

Lucky:  Killing innocent monsters is for the best!?

Dainin:  The humans NEED this! The monsters might betray us and use their powers against us!

Lucky:  How do you know the humans won't do the same once they have magic?! You can't sacrifice the monsters for this! I won't allow it!

Dainin:  That won't stop me! I'll do it anyways I don't need your approval for this!

Lucky:  This is treason!

Dainin:   .  .  .  I knew you wouldn't understand.

Lucky:   .  .  .  I'm sorry brother but I can't let you do this. Guards!

As the guards heard the call of the prince and made their way, Dainin had already blinded his 'brother' temporarily with a dusty curtain and made his grand escape.

Guard #1:  What is it, your highness?

Lucky: I want you to capture my brother without hurting him right away. He has shown me that he can no longer be trusted.

Guard #2: But- As you wish your majesty.

.

.

Dainin's (pov)

I knew he wouldn't understand! He has always thought that humans and monsters were in equal power. He doesn't consider seeing what the humans could do with such raw power. Not only that but the monsters could just repopulate again since gender doesn't matter to them. Lucky will NEVER understand!    .     .     .    But maybe some other humans will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the rewrite so far.

:)