𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐬

Marriage with the one you love isn't a walk in the park. Sometimes, small things can lead to big outbursts. Thyme and Gorya experience this for the first time.

∘₊✧──────✧ ᶜᵒⁿᶠˡⁱᶜᵗˢ ✧──────✧₊∘

Gorya looked at the clock again for what felt like the millionth time.

12:10 am

She gave a frustrated sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair and finally decided to get up from the dinner table. She took her plate which held her untouched dinner, now cold, and threw everything in the dustbin, leaving the plate in the sink.

Where is he? He promised today.

Thyme had been coming home late for the past few weeks. She was hardly able to see his face these days; when she would wake up in the morning, he would already be ready and rush to work after giving her a kiss, and at night she would go to bed alone. She had tried to be understanding, she really did, after all, she knew just how hard work was for him as the CEO of the Parama Group and she was also proud of him.

But was it so selfish of her to want him to spend time with her? She glanced down at her wedding ring as she made her way into their bedroom, alone again. She remembered his word to her when she asked if he could be there for dinner tonight and he had promised 'yes'. But being alone again in their big home tonight made tears of frustration prickle in her eyes.

She pinched the nose of her bridge and kept the tears from falling, and was about to go to bed when she heard the sound of the key entering the door lock, and she couldn't help but hurry over to see him, after practically 17 hours.

Thyme entered the house, tired after a long day of work. He lazily took off his shoes and socks and loosened the tie around his neck. He was surprised to see his wife standing in the hallway, she was always asleep at this time.

"Hey, why are you still awake?"

"You're late," came her curt reply. Her blood had begun to boil at his casual tone.

"Is this the first thing you can say to me?" Thyme replied back in an annoyed tone as he dragged his feet to the kitchen and took out a bottle of water. Her eyes filled with rage as she followed after him, arms crossed across her chest. She watched him as his eyes fell on the dinner table and on her plate full of food, making him rub his face and groan.

"Did you not have dinner?" He asked in a strained voice as he looked at the clock above them, his eyebrows scrunching with guilt as he took in the time.

"No, I didn't"

Thyme let out a frustrated sigh and slammed the fridge door shut, "WHY would you remain empty stomac-?"

"Because you PROMISED you would be home for dinner today." Gorya fired at him as her voice raised a notch. "You promised you'd be home for dinner THIS TIME, Thyme!"

"BULLSHIT! I said I'd TRY to be home for dinner and that I couldn't make any fucking promises!" he raised his volume to match hers as he intimidatedly walked closer to her.

"YOU'RE HARDLY HERE ANYMORE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL?" angry tears welled up in Gorya's eyes as she pushed him away from her.

"IT'S WHAT I HAVE TO DO GORYA! CAN'T YOU BE A LITTLE UNDERSTANDING IF I'M A BIT LATE SOMETIMES?" he let out a huff as he walked away from her towards the bedroom.

Gorya stood there in disbelief for a few seconds before letting out a scoff and following after him, shouting, "I have been NOTHING but understand these past few weeks, so how DARE you try to tell me to be understanding? JUST SAY IT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE." The words tumbled out of her deepest fears and insecurities before she even had a chance to think about it.

Thyme stopped in his tracks to turn around and glare at her with incredulous eyes.

"Are you tired of me, Thyme? Is that it?" she pushed away the hair clinging to her face and sniffled, her eyes filled to the brim with unshed tears. Her eyes met his to find them full of disbelief, frustration, and irritation, making her seethe, "WHAT, I'M NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO DROP YOUR DAMN PAPERS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?!"

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" he shouted back at her in an exasperated manner, his eyebrows knit together.

"JUST TELL ME INSTEAD OF TORTURING ME LIKE THIS, YOU COWARD!" He saw her clenched fists and reached for them, pulling her into his chest, her eyes dewy with tears. "NO! GET OFF OF ME!!" Gorya tried to push him away, her voice cracking as she failed miserably to squirm herself from his arms. Then his lips were on hers, making her weak as she still tried to push him away, but was quickly feeling herself beginning to melt. Thyme pulled away to look into her eyes once more, now angrier than they were when he walked in the door.

"HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE?! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I SPENT ON DINNER TONIGHT BECAUSE I TRULY BELIEVED IT WHEN YOU TOLD ME YOU'D BE HOME ON TIME?!" Her voice quivered with raw emotions as she tried to keep herself together, and he could see that. She pulled back her arm from his now loose grip, "It's on the table, fucking help yourself."

"Gorya, STOP!" Thyme gently placed his hands on her cheeks, forcing her to look at him. Tears were beginning to escape from her eyes as they pooled around his thumbs. "I-I'm sorry for shouting at you, don't cry, please- please baby, I'm sorry." His soft tone and warm eyes finally made her break as the tears flowed freely down her cheeks. Thyme pulled her closer to his body and hugged her tight, allowing her to bury her face in his chest and cry. He slowly stroked her hair as pain gripped his heart with each sob that escaped Gorya's lips.

When she calmed down a bit, he took a step back to see her. Her eyes were red and puffy and tear stains marked her cheeks. Thyme leaned forward to kiss them, mumbling into her skin, "I'm sorry that I've been neglecting you, and I'm sorry that I made you think I don't love you anymore because that couldn't be any further from the truth," he leaned his forehead against hers as he looked down into her deep brown eyes. His hands found her small ones as he held them tightly. "As long as I live, my heart will always belong to you, no matter what. Do you understand?" He almost whispered those words to her.

Gorya sniffled lightly and nodded, squeezing his hand back as she leaned against his body. Thyme slipped his arms around her waist and rested his head on the crevice of her shoulder. "I can't believe I made you question yourself, I'm such an asshole, I'm sorry," he muttered. Gorya leaned back to look at him and placed a soft and slow kiss on his lips, "Look me in the eyes right now and tell me you love me," she told him.

"I love you."

Thyme didn't hesitate for a moment to tell her what he felt as his eyes bored right into hers, showing just how serious and true his feelings were. Gorya's eyes became glassy again, "Thank you, and I'm so sorry too about everything I said earlier, and the push..." She whispered, her eyes welling up with tears of regret. "I didn't mean any of it, I love you so much."

"No, no it's okay Gorya, don't apologize to me. I'm the one who should be doing that," he frowned, pushing her hair back behind her ear. "I promise I'll be at home on time now so that we can spend time together like before. I'll tell you all about what happened at work too," his thumb gently stroked over her knuckles.

"You promise?"

He bent down to place a kiss on her forehead and smiled down at her. "I promise."

And they lived happily ever after...with some or another argument every day, sometimes spanning hours or days. But they still loved each other, and at the end of the day, after apologies and words of affirmation, they would lie together in each other's arms and everything would be alright.

After all, how can you have a rainbow without some rain?

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝟒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃: 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 [𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭] 🎉