Memory

KAI.
Kai walked into the hotel and found it empty. He wasn't sure whether he was shocked or not, usually the women he slept with stayed and tried keeping contact with him which he hated. Strangely enough he was looking forward to seeing Alice, this time. He had even looked forward to having breakfast with her and had even brought new clothes for her. The bed was already made by the staff and all traces of her were gone. He suddenly felt a vibration in his left pocket, then pull the phone out. Haze, read the caller ID.

"Haze." he picked up.

"Sir, Mr Jones is requesting to see you this afternoon at 2pm."

Kai sighed and pinched his brow. He had completely forgotten about the dealership he had to sign with Jones.
"Set a location and send it to me. Im on my way home."

"Yes sir," sternly replied Haze.

Kai arrived at the giant gates at the foot of the mountain as they slowly opened as the camera recognized the black Maserati pulled through the driveway surrounded by acres of trees. The isolated palace stood in the top of the small mountain, just a few kilometers from the next neighborhood. Kai shivered at the thought of having neighbors, he wasn't the type to like sharing his space. In fact, he couldn't. Not with the danger that came along with his space.

Haze was standing at the entrance, looking rather stern and unimpressed at Kai's disappearance last night.

Kai chuckled as he walked past him, " The scary disappointment dad looked does not look good on you my friend." he said patting Haze's shoulder.

"Sir you left without telling anyone, you know it's unsafe to just leave without anyone to protect you." Haze followed him behind flipping through documents then hand them to Kai.

Kai took the documents, "Surely you wouldn't want whoever is escorting me to see me lay with someone now would you?"  mocked Kai.

Kai flipped through the document while walking to his office.

"Has Uther approached Mr Jones yet?" he asked.

Haze pushed open the doors open, " No sir. We have an advantage of a high profitable investment that surpass the offer Uther offered. It doesn't seem his willing to negotiate any higher."

"Have you made an appointment with Mr Jones?"

" Yes sir. I suggest we start getting ready."

"You're coming along?" Kai asked.

" I can't let what happened yesterday happen again. I'm not sure how team one lost you but you're not leaving my sight today."

"Oh my Gosh, am I 6 years old?"

"You behave like one."

"Oh come on, it was only last night. Besides I'm not interested in going anywhere this time."

Haze was silent for a minute before looking at Kai, "Who was it this time?"

Kai chuckled, "You make it sound like I'm a womanizer or a horny teenager."

"I would never sir. You're just a horny 33 year old who can't keep a woman because you're not fun."

"Ouch," groaned Kai.

" You could always accept Ms Laura. She's interested in you even with your...personality."

"I'd rather die," shivered Kai. " She's not interested in me she's obsessed. Laura is better off as a business partner, nothing more. Not even as a friend."

Haze slugged his shoulders, " Is there any female you're interested...sir...are you perhaps ga..."

Kai turned quickly, "No!"