The Hunt

KAI

Kai woke up with a nasty throbing headache and an aching body. He got up from his emerald silky bed sheets and rubbed his temples. He then noticed he had a few brusies and a bandaged arm. He got off his bed and headed to the shower, he let the cold water run and stepped into the shower. As the water hit his skin, he felt every burn on the brusies. Then a memory hit him, a female with curly hair and caramel skin from last night, for some reason she looked familiar. The way she spoke and her presence was almost like... Then it hit him, the girl from that night, "Alex? Ally? Alice, that was her name." he thought out loud.
He chuckled light at the situation. He got out the shower, grabbed a towel and brushed his teeth. His left cheek bone was purple and he had a new cut on his eyebrow. His lower abdominal area was brusied purple. Somehow he wasn't bothered for some reason, instead in his head he had to find the girl.

He walked into the living room with two men following him behind. A female with long black hair in a red dress and black heel was still on the couch reading a magazine, relaxed as of it were her home. Her blue eyes were fixed on the magazine until she saw him and smiled. Great, he thought to himself grimly. Her smile suddenly dropped when he got closer.

"Ms Laura, how did you get in," he asked as she stood from her chair too quick for Kai to react and grabbed his chin. He winced lightly and pulled away from her hand, unnoticeable backing away from her.

"What happened? Who did this to you?" she asked, panicked.

Kai ignored her question and sat on the black leather couch. He looked at her with a bored look, "I don't believe we have any business planned for today, Ms Laura."

She looked at him and sighed, "I don't know why you keep addressing me like that when I've known you for years Kai. What happened to your face? "

"That doesn't matter." he replied coldly.
She clinched her fists and sat down on the couch besides him.
"I wanted us to have breakfast together, that way we can..."

Kai looked up at her, "Ms Laura, I don't think you and I are close enough to have breakfast together. I've made this clear in the past that our relationship is strictly business. Forgive me if I've made any confusion towards you."

"I know," she answered in a shaking voice, " I know you have no romantic feelings towards me Kai, I've known for years now."

"Then why do you keep being persistent in your chase?" Kai asked. He lightly turned to her and was met but her watery eyes.

"Because I have hope! No one knows you better than I do Kai. It isn't something I can control, my want towards you. I've tried to keep my feelings to myself but it's not as easy. You took care of me when no one did, I want to do the same."

"Is it you who want to take care of me or is it your father?" Kai asked as he stood up to walk away.

"Ms. Laura, in the world of controversy over control, emotions tend to be a weapon. If wielded by the correct person they can cause a destruction to one's foundation. Used to manipulate their way to power. You and I are part of that world. Our emotions don't belong to us. Taking you to be mine would be selling myself to your fathers greed. I also don't want you to be with someone who doesn't see you in the same light as you do. " 

Kai walked away from her as she sunk into the couch with her head down and knuckles pale white.

He couldn't face her, not with the look in her eyes. He knew he'd pity her. How her emotions are used by the puppet master called her father. She deserved someone else, not him. He couldn't sell himself for her either.

Haze walked over to Kai as he sat in the dining room eating breakfast.
"We found footage of the lobby. The back ally also happened to have a camera near a club along. They had already arrived two hours before we did."