3 - Sightings

I can't believe Charles and Charlotte broke up...

Charles really pulled a Lando with that one

---

The next morning I woke up to my cell phone ringing endlessly, it buzzing on next to me on my bed.

Groaning, I sat up, feeling out of sorts from how I fell asleep with my party dress on. My clothing was wrinkled and I cursed realizing it was designer. Nonetheless, I reached for my phone and slide to answer the call, pulling the device up to my ear.

I immediately recognized the heavy accent of Toto Wolff start to speak on the other end.

"Ah, finally you answered Victoria!"

I walked to the desk in the aligning office to my bedroom and got situated into the chair.

"Hello Toto, do you need anything?" I said back to him. Me and Toto had become close since I signed for Mercedes. He was the one who showed me around headquarters and made me feel like I was a part of the whole operation. However, I assume all team principals do that, they probably want to get to know their drivers and make sure things aren't still awkward by the start of the incoming season. Even with only knowing him for a couple of months, he treated me like a friend and not an employee. I also appreciated his concern when things started going downhill when I was announced as a driver for 2023.

He jumped quickly onto my question. "Yes, I do need something. I found a good time to go out and practice with some of the older cars. We can go to Silverstone next week on Tuesday and get some time in."

I rubbed my forehead and said, "That sounds great. What day do you want me to fly to Brackley?"

"I would say Saturday, maybe you can make use of the simulator as well. I can get a plane out to Florence and fly you here, so no worries about finding tickets so late. I will send you the information as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much Toto, I will look forward to seeing you." I smiled at his efficiency and kindness in making my travel plans.

He said, "As I will look forward to seeing you too." and hung up the call, leaving me in an office full of silence. I stumbled when I lifted myself from the desk chair, starting to feel the hangover from the alcohol I consumed last night.

---

After I had showered off any last traces of the club, I changed into some flare styled jeans and a white tank top. I had an urge to go spend some more time in Florence today, because I only had 3 days before Saturday arrived and I would be due to leave. After that first practice session I knew I would be starting to get into the routine of traveling back and forth and becoming accustomed to Mercedes technology.

Even if it was the off season there was still so much to do.

I ate a light breakfast of poorly made scrambled eggs and a steaming black coffee.

Before leaving the house I slipped on my leather jacket and grabbed the keys to my favorite car at the moment.

After closing the front door and walking down the steps I made my way to the barn. I had gravel put down that led to the road so I could have direct access. When I first moved here I noticed that there was no garage but this old barn was sold with the house. I quickly decided to convert it into a car barn that held all of my prized vehicles. With the click of a button on the side panel of the barn, the massive wooden doors slid open in a smooth movement. The opened doors revealed the rows of cars parked in large stalls. I was never one to spend so much money on a house, but to instead splurge on automobiles. I passed the members of my collection until I reached the 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R Pro Coupe. The long named beauty had been given to me by Mercedes when I signed for the team. It even had thin turquoise stripes painted horizontally along its silver exterior.