5 - Arrival

Okay I wanted to apologize before I started writing today because I skipped 2 days of writing!! Im sorry for the small disappearance but now I have plans for the whole book and major things that are going to happen!

Anyways Charles slayed in the Ferrari suit at last nights awards ceremony. I was a little sad to see him alone though :(

Hope you guys like the chapter today!!

Also here is a little inspo for what Victoria's villa looks like and with the barn on the right!!

---

I sat at the dining room table, watching the sunrise. The beacon of light in the sky crested over the rolling hills, illuminating the fall tinted landscape.

There were a couple of free minutes before I had to leave so I waited here, admiring the view before I was due to abandon it for England.

Today I was flying to Brackley, to spend some time at the Mercedes-AMG Petronas team headquarters. Toto had kindly provided the private plane for me to use, but I couldn't help dreading the near absence of my solitude. It's very rare for a Formula 1 driver to go without access to the trainers, managers and such to have their own personal time. It's rare because it can set the drivers back. Every day missed is one that could have been used to prepare. Wether its exercise or driving on a simulator.

Even with my freedom from responsibility, I kept up with the rigorous workouts that trained my body for the cars. I also made it a priority to get some practice on my simulator at home, but the one I have doesn't compare to the one at headquarters.

I was very grateful for my break though, I just can't start to miss it too much.

I looked down at my phone to check the time. It read 6:57. I was being picked up at 7 by my manager. She may be out there now so I grabbed my duffel bag and hung it over my shoulder. Before opening the front door to leave, I looked back at my house but quickly turned around and opened the door. There was no reason to become sentimental when I don't need homesickness on my plate.

As if on cue, Ishani Besu, my best friend and manager pulled into the drive and slowed to a park. I walked towards her as she got out of the rental car.

I smiled brightly and pulled her into a hug.

Letting go, I said, "Whats up?"

She laughed. "Nothing much just the usual manager stuff." We started walking towards the car. "Just some casual bidding with trolls and princes." I nudged her shoulder and we laughed together. Ishani always was a pleasure to be around. Her jokes and good mood were always uplifting. She started walking towards the drivers side.

"Ah you will never learn. Let me drive please." I emphasized the please and she moved towards the passenger side.

"Just because you're the race car driver doesn't mean you get to drive every time."