12 - Aftermath

Guys its almost Christmas!! I'm so excited!!!!

---

I look at the kiss mark on Charles' face. My fingers automatically dance along my own lips, feeling the ever so staying gloss. The replica of substance reflected on the driver laying on the floor. Any girl out there could be wearing a similar gloss. I look to the sleeping Ishani, but her lips are painted in bright red lipstick.

I leave the room, walking carefully and quietly to the bathroom adjacent to wear Daniel rests. I put my hands on the doorknob closing the door slowly to prevent anyone from waking up. As soon as the door shuts all the way I lock it and turn to myself in the mirror.

Things have gone way too fast. 24 hours ago I was driving in a Formula 1 car and now I was waking up in a mysterious hotel room, with people I barley knew surrounded by me. The nights exhaustion was living proof in my look. My eyeshadow was faded black around my eyes and my hair was no longer curled, but now wavy with large tangles and frizz. My dress was wrinkled and the lace sticking up in random places. I found a clean washcloth and wet it under some running water. I wiped off the smudged makeup and firmly pressed down on the lipgloss, clearing my mouth of it. Even if me and Charles kissed would he remember. I had no idea what the hell happened after I blacked out. Maybe the same had happened for him too. I could only hope.

For now I wasn't taking any chances so the lipgloss was gone. There was no comb in the bathroom so I ran my fingers through my hair for a couple of minutes. Making it neat as possible. However, there was nothing to do for the worn out dress with the bright wine stain on it, so I left it be.

I stood there for a couple of minutes, enjoying the silence and slowness of time. I needed to get used to this fast life. I'm sure the men in the rest of the suite were used to this life. A life a driving, partying, sleeping, repeat. Isn't that how a celebrity lives? Participating in their profession and then doing famous people things. These F1 drivers were known around the globe, in every continent. Formula 1 is a huge deal, not just a local racing league.

I sighed and unlocked the bathroom door, opening back into the sunlit bedroom. Daniel was where I left him and as I walked I found that the others were still sleeping as well. I stalked to the dining table where I left my phone and grabbed it, taking a seat by the floor to ceiling window in the corner of the main area.

There was nothing to do but wait for the others to wake up, and God knows how long that will take.

I stared out of the glass, looking at London from a high view. The river glistened, reflecting the suns brightness in the waters. I watched as boats came and went and birds flew past, high up they flapped their wings even in the cold weather.

I sat there in the dining room chair, one leg on the floor, the other tucked up against me on the seat. Arms draped on my legs as the sun inched up every minute.

It had been what felt like an hour, but by the time on my phone, 20 minutes, when I heard rustling from behind me. I slowly turned my head to look back at the room, and saw Charles waking up. He was dressed in navy blue slacks and a light blue dress shirt. The top buttons on the shirt were undone and his brown hair was unkept. He slowly moved into a sitting position, rubbing at his face as he advanced. He yawned but the others didn't stir. He didn't even notice as I watched him from the side. After sitting for a couple of seconds, he stood up. That was when he noticed my assessing stare. Our eyes connected and our gazes didn't separate. The smallest of smiles tugged on his lips as he looked at me. I gave him a similar smile back. God. Did I kiss him? Did he know what happened.

He walked towards me, avoiding resting bodies. He didn't say a word as he took a chair from the table and sat next to me. His legs were on the side of the chair with the back and he wrapped his arms around the back rest. His grin was closed but wide and he looked out the window to where I stared now. We gazed together at the clear London day. No words, no movement, just pure and utter silence.

I was the one to break that silence.

"Do you remember last night?" I asked, keeping my voice down.

"Not really, I don't remember anything after Lando played Single Ladies on the speakers."

I almost collapsed of relief, I had blacked out an hour after that. And that secured the deal that he knew nothing that may have happened between us. I really didn't need unwanted drama between me and the drivers. Especially before the season started. There was no need to have another target placed on my back. And there was no need to ruin any relationships. Did Charles have a girlfriend? I didn't even know, but it was not my place to care either.

I felt his eyes on me and he spoke, "You remember anything?"

All I responded was, "Nope." and "I went dark around the same time you did."

---

Eventually everyone woke up, even though it took like 2 hours for us all to be fully aware.

Me and Ishani left the suite after the boys gave us packed jackets for the cold walk back to our own hotel. I couldn't help but smile at the gentleman like move. Although, even with the help and kindness it was pretty awkward between us and tension was like live wire in the air. Especially every time me and Charles locked eyes with each other.

So as Ishani and I walked in our heels down Londons busy streets, with every step I took I couldn't keep my mind off Monegasque driver.

---

Sorry this is so short.

-12/23/22-