Chapter 5

"Princess, are you sure about this?" Loke asked watching his master pack two backpacks.

"Yes Loke." She answered.

"Why don't we tell the master about this? Maybe he could help us"

"You know we can't do that. We can't reveal ourselves to them, what if it's just a rumor? We can't lose what we have here over that"

"And what if it isn't a rumor?! What if you're actually in danger? You can't put yourself and the kids at risk"

Lucy looked up at him, she sighed. "I know there's a possibility it's true. That's exactly why I have an emergency plan" She stated simply avoiding the angry gaze of the lion spirit.

"A plan that involves you being bait!"

Lucy flinched at his tone. She knew he was only concerned for her wellbeing.

"It's fine. I'll only be holding them off long enough for the kids to escape. Then I'll escape and meet up with them"

Loke sighed listening to his stubborn master. He knew he could do nothing to change her mind. He knew Lucy thought this was the only way to keep her children safe. But it wasn't, she could have easily had the spirits fight in her place. But she refused to "use" them no matter how much they told her it was okay.

Seeing the doubtful expression on Loke's face she walked over to him. She took his hands in hers, "Remember we will only be using this as a last resort. It probably won't even come down to this so stop worrying" She said smiling reassuringly.

Loke sighed, giving in. "Fine" He said lowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mama!" Two four year olds screamed running through the preschool gate. Lucy smiled as her children ran up to her wrapping their arms around her.

"Hey kids!" She greeted cheerfully. On lookers smiled seeing their interaction.

"How was school?" She asked her beaming children as they began their walk home.

"It was okay but we missed you so much mama" Luke answered gripping onto his mother's right hand. Nashi who was on Lucy's left nodded agreeing with her brother's statement.

"I missed you guys too. It was soooooo boring at home without my babies" She said feigning sadness, the twins giggled.

Nashi smiled at Lucy reminding her so much of Natsu. "It's okay mama, we're here now. No need to be sad" She said.

Lucy smiled down at them before bending down to their level. "You're right. And now that I have you with me I'm not letting you go" She said, she grabbed both of them pulling them closer. She placed kisses all over their faces. Their giggles echoed through the street.

They continued their walk home chatting excitedly. The twins telling Lucy about all that happened at school and Lucy listening attentively.

Once they got home Lucy began to prepare dinner while the twins played with their toys. They ate and then watched tv before Lucy gave them a bath.

It was 8: 30 when Lucy finished putting the twins to sleep. She sat on her couch with a glass of wine. She sipped as she switched from show to show until she decided to watch Ginny and Georgia.

She loved the show, she especially loved Georgia. Since she too was a mom who would do anything for her kids she related with her. She didn't quite like Ginny's attitude.

The first episode had ended when Lucy got up to refill her glass. She grabbed the bottle and uncorked it, she froze with the bottle mid air. She tensed, sensing a large amount of magical energy coming towards the house at an unimaginable speed.